“Excellent and very accommodating”

Sausalito Gourmet Delicatessen
Ranked #37 of 81 Restaurants in Sausalito
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We ate here for dinner on a Tuesday late afternoon. We had tuna salad and chicken salad sandwiches that were very tasty. The person who took our order was very friendly. Nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Ember and I stopped in for lunch. First, I was pleased to be able to speak my limited Greek with the proprietor and his charming wife behind the counter. The food selections behind the glass were fresh and appealing. I had a great mousaka a stuffed egg and dolmades and Ember had lasagna, which she devoured with relish. Outside was a taverna garden, very much like what you would find in Crete, shaded by a large fig tree. The whole experience was more than I expected and I, and Ember, were thoroughly satisfied. I'll be back!

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

We had headed up Caledonia looking for sushi that was closed. This little place appealed with its old world feel and we weren't disappointed. Fantastic deli food, friendly staff and a super wee courtyard to eat in, away from all the tourist crowd.

Truly delightful.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Get off that main tourist-y street along the water, and walk up Caledonia street to this little place. You can order any kind of sandwich you can imagine - the choices are great! - and the ingredients are fresh. Food is made to order, or you can eat their prepared foods (try the deviled eggs - best I've ever had). The owners are gracious and attentive. Best of all, you can eat on the lovely, shaded patio out back in peace and quiet with the locals. Prices are very decent for Sausalito, and for the quality and portion sizes, it's a great value for lunch.