“Fabulous Experience”
Review of The Spinnaker

The Spinnaker
Reserve with OpenTable
The Spinnaker is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 80 Restaurants in Sausalito
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, View, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Anchor Street
Transit: Golden Gate Transit Bus: 50, 20; Golden Gate Ferry: Red & White Fleet, Blue & Gold
Description: The Spinnaker is located on the Sausalito waterfront offering panoramic views of San Francisco, Angel Island, the East Bay and Belvedere. They serve an impressive menu with fresh seafood and a fine wine selection.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

It was my anniversary . The maitre'd showed us to a magnificent
table from which we could view Sausalito, the view of San Francisco, and Tiburon all at once. Of course, boats sailed by as well.The Hawaiian swordfish was a special that night. It was served over pesto tortellini with butternut squash. It was delightful.I'll definitely dine here again.

Jeff S, Manager at The Spinnaker, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

First off, happy anniversary, Karen! Thanks for spending it with us. You lucked out on being here for the Hawaiian Swordfish -- that's a personal favorite of mine as far as specials go. I'm thrilled we were able to show you and your loved one a great meal, and look forward to having you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I gave the waitress my order and told her I needed gluten free with no peppers anywhere. She told me she would put in a special request for the veggies to be just snap peas in butter. The mahi mahi had a fresh fruit salsa and we went over what was in it so I ordered it. The plate came with a veggie mix with bell peppers so I had to send it back. My wife received her meal so she started eating. When my second plate arrived I started eating and on the third bite there was a pepper in it. I am allergic to peppers so I can not eat them without having problems. We were in a hurry so my wife and I exchanged our meals. She was already half way through hers. The waitress never came back to check on us. When she came over to see if we wanted desert I pointed out to her that there was peppers in the fruit, she said that surprised. So that tells me she never asked the cook to verify what was in the fruit. Then she told ME that next time tell her I have an allergy and she with take care of it. I thought I did.

4  Thank oldblueeyes9217
Jeff S, Manager at The Spinnaker, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2014

Reviews like this are tough for me to read. When dealing with something as serious as a food allergy, you should always expect the staff to be right on point in making sure that your meal is 100% allergen free. I'm so sorry that weren't able to get it right on two different occasions. This really isn't typical of our staff -- with all of our experience and expertise we are known for our top-notch service! I hope you'll give us another shot to prove this to you.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was there with a group of about forty people. The reservations were made well in advance as well as our selections. I rate this very good because of the food quality. I had the New York strip. It was excellent. We received no starter and I thought that odd. It was after our dishes were removed that our waiter returned and said I guess you get dessert that our tour director stopped at our table and told us we had arranged for a starter and dessert, but only after he had shown them a copy of our reservation did we receive it. It's the same old story, someone else took the reservation. Other that this little hitch the food and service were very good. I had the cream puffs for dessert and they were the best I had ever eaten.

Seems like we were able to hit the mark for most of your experience, minus the small hiccup! Mistakes do happen (though not typical), and I'm glad you were still able to enjoy your experience. I'll forward on the kind words to the kitchen and service teams, and I hope you'll come visit us again on your next trip to the bay area.

Cheers,

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I have been visiting this restaurant since 1995. Never surprised with the food (constant quality), the big interest of the place is the beautiful view of the SF bay - from Sausalito. It is worth the trip from the city to enjoy. Valet parking available. Efficient customer queue management. Careful customer care.

1  Thank yoyo3008
Jeff S, Manager at The Spinnaker, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

We aim for excellence, and it sounds like we're hitting the mark for you! Thanks for all your continued support over the years. We'll be sure to continue providing great food and careful customer care for you on your visits. See you in soon!

Cheers,

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had a wonderful meal, with good service. Found all the fish extremely fresh and well prepared. A standout was the sea bass, oysters and the sole, as were the clams.

1  Thank Gail B
Jeff S, Manager at The Spinnaker, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Always love to see reviews like this, Gail! Thrilled that you enjoyed all aspects of your experience with us. See you in again soon for some more delicious sea fair -- you'll always have a spot at our table!