“Not my cup of tea, but I can see the appeal”

Napa Valley Burger Company
Ranked #5 of 82 Restaurants in Sausalito
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I was here with my parents because they came here before and we couldn't find another place that they liked that was nearby.

The place obviously caters to tourists and was somewhat crowded the day we went. The reviews are true that the hamburgers are quite big and that they do indeed come with a side of salad and no fries.

We shared the bacon and crab burger ($20) along with the chicken avocado salad ($14) and a side order of sweet potato fries ($6.50). It's all a bit pricey but considering the location and the clientele, I'm not surprise. The burger was better than your average burger and the salad is not your typical standard salad - it's very "California" (don't get me wrong, I'm from California and love this type of salad). The fries however were very grease and for $6.50, I expected a little more than a cup (I get the same amount of sweet potato fries that are not greasy for half the price elsewhere).

I would recommend this place to others, but it just wasn't my cup of tea and it's a bit overpriced, hence the 4 stars instead of 5.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,171)

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We had a delicious lunch here shari a burger of the day (which included pork belly) and a plate of waffle fries topped with guacamole, cheese and sour cream. The food was delicious and we sat at the bar and were thoroughly entertained by the friendly bar man who went out of his way to make our drinks to our liking and to chat to us.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Too many great options of gormet hamburgers to select from!! The burgers was very tasty and the garlic truffel fries, awesome!

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

I had the special burger for the day and it tasted great! Service was good and enjoyed the atmosphere. Would definitley go back!

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We're from Michigan and have been travel Hwy 1 in parts over the past few years from the San Diego area. This is one of the best places we have eaten in California. Great Burgers and Beer. Friendly staff, the Head Chief and bartender/manager were very friendly.