“Top Shelf”

Fred's Coffee Shop
Ranked #10 of 79 Restaurants in Sausalito
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Classic Sausalito spot serving Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch for over 50 years! Try our special omelets, fluffy pancakes and unique french toast made with ice cream and grilled to perfection. Great for recovering after a wild night out or a meal with the family!
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stopped last week on our way up the coast. I am from NJ and have eaten my share of breakfasts in diners. The omelet was the fluffiest i've ever had. The hash browns were outstanding, crisp and sweet. I almost think there is ricotta in them. We left with full bellies and yearning for this breakfast the entire week of travels. Bravo!

Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Fred's Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Thank you for the visit and the kind words, Mfavcrayon. We hope to see you again one day soon.

There are newer reviews for Fred's Coffee Shop

Reviewed 30 June 2014

When you get off at the Sausalito exit, you will see a sign to go straight for the historic downtown. You will be on Bridgeway. Fred's will be on your right about a mile or so from the exit. Definitely before downtown. There's a colorful awning, either yellow or orange. There are lots of choices on the menu, Our entrees were huge. You should share if someone is with you and wants the same thing. Because you definitely want one of the potato sides and you will want to eat all of that. You can get hash browns or potato medley. My husband liked his hash browns. I thought the potato medley was the best side dish I've ever had on a breakfast plate; crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. We did not get the fruit, but I was impressed with what I saw being served. My husband had regular bacon, but I ordered a side of the millionaires bacon as well. Again, he liked the bacon that came with his order. The millionaires bacon was good, but I probably wouldn't order it again. It is akin to the appetizer "pig candy" (bacon dredged in brown sugar and broiled} in that it is baked with maple syrup and some spicy something so that you get the smokey, sweet, hot thing. That's the good. But it isn't crispy, and for me, bacon is all about "crispy". Regardless, my curiosity is satisfied, and that is worth something. I had the spinach and tomato eggs benedict and my husband had one of the omelets. Huge, good. Coffee good. Orange juice not extraordinary and $4.50 a glass. Service very good.

1  Thank momelise
Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Fred's Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Hi Momelise. We're happy to know you and your husband enjoyed your meals and we appreciate your comprehensive and complimentary review. We hope to see you again next time you are in town!

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Don't let the unassuming atmosphere fool you; the food is absolutely top notch. Fred's is definitely a great stop for a casual but incredibly flavorful breakfast or lunch!

We appreciate the kind words, ATH. Thank you for coming in and writing such a nice review.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Fun place to go for bkfst or lunch. About a mile+ from dwntn Sausalito so some might miss this. Look for yellow awning. Had to try the millionaire bacon mentioned in other reviews. Very unique..recommend. We were there mid-morning mid-week and still crowded. 6-7 tables inside, same outside, may have to share. Inside you can watch the chefs. Lots of entree options.

Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Fred's Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Thanks for coming in Carmcl Trvlr. We appreciate the visit and the kind words and hope you can make it back soon.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stopped for breakfast on the way up to Muir Woods. Great breakfast. Super friendly staff & patrons. Eggs, millionaire bacon with potato medley. Fresh OJ. Simple and awesome.

Tom J, Guest Relations Manager at Fred's Coffee Shop, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Glad to hear you enjoyed your breakfast with us JR! We hope to see you back one day soon.