Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa
Hotel Sausalito(Sausalito)(Great Value!)
US$308
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
The Lodge at Tiburon(Tiburon)(Great Value!)
US$271
Tamalpais Motel(Mill Valley)
US$133
US$120
US$133
The Inn Above Tide(Sausalito)
  • Breakfast included
Budget Inn(Corte Madera)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,344 results
All reviewshillside cottagemansion suitebeautiful hotelhuge bathroomrestaurant next doorsan franciscoperfect locationroom servicebeautiful roomview of the baywonderful staybottle of winebed was very comfortablevalet parkingrestaurants and shopsamazing viewsdowntown sausalito
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 December 2011

Stayed 1 night in Dec 2011 in a King room with bay view and balcony. The view was great but I wasn't impressed with the room. It was in good condition but it was small and the layout was awkward, in that you have to walk "around" doors to get to the bathroom, the shower stall, the toilet, the closet. The layout was really really awkward, in that it made the room uncomfortable. And also for the price and that it is called a "superior King" room, I was surprised by the very small size.

Otherwise no complaints at all regarding furnishings or staff or the bed's comfort or cleanliness.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank NellyAkGo
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I am in awe of the Casa Madrona Hotel. We were with a group, and each person had an incredible view of the ocean and bay. I stayed 2 nights and 3 days. The rooms had everything a person could want in a hotel AND MORE! It had the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in with the most incredible pillows. This may not be a big deal to some, but when I go to other hotels, I'm always having to ask for more pillows to lean up against and do work on the bed, or just sleep. These pillows were unbelievable. In fact, I'm going to buy some for my own home. The comforters were thick, warm and just right. I think I got the best sleep for two nights that I've gotten in months.

My room had a wonderful flat screen TV with a hundred channels; enough lights, plugs for i-pad, cell phones & computers. The heat and air worked SO well. The coffee machine in each room was super with Starbucks coffee too.

The bathrooms were beautiful, modern, comfortable with wonderful body lotion, great soaps, space for a women's makeup and a man's shaving equip. The towels were lush. I could live there in that room for weeks and be just fine. The windows even opened so I could get fresh air after the rain storm I viewed from my beautiful bay windows. I also had a terrace if I wanted to sit outside an ready my paper...but it was too cold this trip.

The staff at the hotel were WONDERFUL. Anything I asked for they were polite....quick, and very very helpful. I didn't get a chance to go to the Spa, but I can tell you that the booklet in the room about what they offered at their Spa, was unimaginable. They offered 4 pages of spa treatments that made me want to come back and experience.

The hotel is also next to a Starbucks, shops within walking distance - and a super set of restaurants in town by walking a short distance. So relaxing.

As you can see, I thought this hotel was the best I've been in - in years. I will bring my family back with me next time.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Karen G
Reviewed 1 November 2011

I stayed four nights at Casa Madrona in October. I was impressed by the simple elegance of the rooms and delighted by the views of Richardson Bay and the sailboats in the distance. The location is fantastic. The ferry to San Francisco is a five minute walk and there are great restaurants nearby. My husband and I had organized a meeting for international guests and the feedback I received was uniformly enthusiastic.

Room Tip: There is an "historic" side and a more modern side. The more modern side with rooms that face the harbor and have balconies are particularly spectacular.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank avidtraveler1946
Reviewed 27 October 2011

While in the San Francisco area, my husband and I wanted to stay in an "on-the-Bay" accomodation. We were familiar with the area and Casa Madrona in Sausalito, but had not stayed there previously. Being ecomonmy minded, but also looking for a unique experience, we found a room through Trip Advisor at Casa Madrona in the Historic Mansion.
The hotel accomodations range from modern, antiseptic deluxe rooms to the funky, character-drenched historic mansion rooms. There are also a series of cottages and suites meandering up and down the hillside site.
The mansion was just that, an old mansion with tall ceilings, broad hallways, a common sitting room with fireplace and period furniture, all overlooking the bay. There was even a common veranda with a spectacular view of the Sausalito harbor and San Francisco Bay.
Our room was spacious and even included a whirlpool bathtub on a landing, up a short flight of mahagony steps. From the tiny window above the whirlpool, we could see the Bay!
The grounds of the hotel were beautiful and lush, like most of the Sausalito hills.
Many of the older hillside rooms and suites were under renovation during our stay. I understand that the Mansion is now closed for renovation. I'm sure the completed renovation will result in a more up-scale accommodation.
Casa Madrona is a unique hotel in a beautiful location.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We had a courtyard king room, and we loved it. The bathroom was huge! Totally beautiful. The bed was comfy and the lush linens were heavenly. On top of that, the fireplace added even more romance. I highly recommend this hotel. The staff is also top notch. This is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2011