“hotel was good; but check out some...........”

Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Sausalito
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Pros:
hotel was good
Nice stay
Got champagne for our anniversary
Most of the staff is friendly
Nice location
Poggios at the ground floor was good.
Apples at the front desk.
Offered us bottled water.

Cons:
Watch out for subtle lies. We had booked harbour view room; they offered me hillside cottage room and said it is upgrade. Actually one of the rooms they showed was a downgrade from the room we had booked. It was $379/night (later on we found out online). Other room they showed us said it is twice the price than the room we had booked and it was a total lie. Actually it was just $10 extra. We had booked $409 room and the room they showed us was $419 and told us that that it is twice the price of room we booked. This is from Wendy and one Indonesian lady; both lied us about the room charges.

Valet parking told us it is complimentary; where as at the end was got a bill of $24/night for the parking.

Somebody told us that they got refund for amenities; we never did. We had no idea that the hotel had steam room, gym etc. they never told us and we got billed for that. Never got refund for that. She said somehow the page was missing from our room in the hotel info file.

So, just watch out and be careful.

Need to check for double charges from the company we booked with and hotel too.

Room Tip: Hillside cottages are good if you are ready to take a lot of stairs. Those rooms are newer.
2  Thank TripsiloveTotake
Write a ReviewReviews (1,316)

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed here for a couple nights for a set of business meetings. I had one of the cottages and overall, it was a great stay. The location is ideal, right down in Sausalito and the views are just outstanding. We used the huge suite in the main floor of the "mansion" and the deck from there is amazing.

Food prepared onsite for the lunch and outside dinner was excellent. Staff was wonderful and helpful, highly recommend a stay here when in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Thank you Wendy! The very friendly lady at the reception gave us Room 308. So cosy with a beautiful balcony looking at the harbour and bay. The street in front is a little bit noisy during the day but we enjoyed so much. And Wendy's recommandation for dinner last night was great!!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank 1Derhase
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The staff was very friendly and helpful, i.e. Wendy and Nick!!! The room was a little small, but we got used to it. The view was great. At times the internet was intermittent.
The room was quiet and clean.

Bob & Jennie R.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Casa Madrona is a beautiful water view property in Sausalito. I put my parents up there for a night and they had a most wonderful experience, not just because Casa Madrona is a beautiful spot but because, Wendy, the front desk concierge made it the most wonderful experience for them.

Wendy went above and beyond to make sure their stay was comfortable and enjoyable. Wendy truly cared about my parents and took the time to make sure all their special needs were met. It was Wendy that made our stay at Casa Madrona the best ever and we are so grateful to her.

My recommendation if you are planning a stay at CM is to ask for Wendy--this way you are sure to have the best stay ever.

Thank you, Wendy, you are the best!!!...We will be sure to recommend you to all our friends and networks and we will come back to stay with You again soon!

Room Tip: Ask Wendy for which room is best for you. My dad walks with a cane and Wendy suggested a Deluxe Harb...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I reserved a junior suite, which was explained to me, it would have a tub, a balcony and a fireplace, and a separate bedroom. NONE of these amenities were included in my room. The receptionist at the front desk gave my room to someone else and I paid in full a month prior to arrival. The receptionist, Wendy tried to talk over me constantly when I was trying to tell her what room I paid for and was promised. She was too busy complaining about other guests who were bothering her. The next day, the hotel staff attempted at finding us an adequate room, we still did not get our room we reserved. We only had ONE option for another room, so we took it. The fireplace did not work, and these rooms were supposedly recently remodeled and renovated. You would think the fireplace would operate. We did have a balcony and that was the best part of the room. For the price of this hotel, it is not worth staying again. I found many others in the area for similar pricing, but much nicer. We will NOT be staying here again. The restaurant downstairs is not very good. We ordered room service from them and it was just "ok", nothing to boast about. I was very disappointed in the entire stay and it was my 60th birthday.

4  Thank blondietwostep
Reviewed 29 April 2014

After a fabulous but exhausting day of sailing on the Bay, we arrived to Casa Madrona and felt totally taken care of like VIPs. Check in was pleasant and then we arrived to our room which was breathtaking. Loved the huge tub! We enjoyed the eucalyptus steam room and then sat in our robes on our deck (nice Bay views!) and sipped wine. Just perfect. I would definitely come back and recommend to my friends. Next time we will try Poggio downstairs which probably would have been a better choice than the touristy dock restaurant we picked for dinner....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sausalito
Cavallo Point
Waters Edge Hotel
Waters Edge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Tiburon
Holiday Inn Express Mill Valley San Francisco Area

Been to Casa Madrona Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!