“Fantastic”

Ranked #21 of 81 Restaurants in Sausalito
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Baja-style mexican with a California Twist! Enjoy outdoor casual dining right across from the water in beautiful Sausalito.
Reviewed 29 May 2014

On our recent trip to San Francisco we took a ferry to Sausalito. What a lovely place to visit made even better when we discovered this cheery, bright coloured cabin, Salsalito Taco Shop the food, service & atmosphere was fantastic.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

A luncheon stop here has become a tradition for our trips to San Francisco. The colorful facade and taco cart look caught my eye on a drive through Sausalito a couple of years ago. Since then it has become a habit to stop. The place is funky and small; we've always dined on the deck enjoying the street views through the hot sauce bottles. The wait staff is attentive and fun. Margaritas are always tasty and my daughter loves the agua frescas. But then there is the food. And that is why we return! This trip I had the Dungeness crab tostado- excellent with so many fresh flavors married perfectly. My daughter had shrimp fajita- sizzling and flavorful. My husband had a seafood stuffed chile relleno which he wasn't sharing so it must have been wonderful. We shared flan for dessert. Their flan is not custardy- more a cross between cheesecake and a light flour cake- but with the wonderful carmel touch that flan should have. In my three visits here I've never tasted a dish I didn't love.

1  Thank Holli S
Reviewed 13 May 2014

A very small restaurant but nice atmosphere and good food. We had the fish tacos and they were very tasty.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We rented out the entire Salsalito Taco Shop for a 3-hour, pre-wedding Meet and Greet. The owners, Bree and Mag, went all out to insure that our son’s wedding event was a joyous fiesta! All attending had a great time, and we have received many compliments on the comfortable setting and friendly, helpful wait staff. Our very popular menu items included a superlative tortilla soup, an assortment of excellent tacos and quesadillas, a delicious Cabo Chop salad - and of course, house-made chips, salsa and guacamole! Everything from the bar – including margaritas, beer and wine - were also of high quality. While our event was unique in many ways, I would highly recommend the Salsalito Taco Shop to area visitors because it removes one from the overly touristy atmosphere of many local restaurants and instead provides something warm, authentic and very delicious!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Googled this place during ride over bridge and was pleasantly surprised--some of best enchiladas verde I've had in Bay Area. Agua frescas also good alt to sodas. Very friendly quick service and outside tables nice on sunny day--we just leaned our bikes up on fence to keep an eye on them. Prices a bit higher than Mission but lower than the rest of this very touristy little town.