“Fun and Tasty”

Ranked #14 of 82 Restaurants in Sausalito
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Baja-style mexican with a California Twist! Enjoy outdoor casual dining right across from the water in beautiful Sausalito.
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stopped here for a pre-dinner drinks and snack. The restaurant was very cute and nicely decorated. It was a big pricey (have to pay for the chips since they are homemade) but everything was very good. Being from Texas, I'm a pretty tough Mexican food critic, but the tacos and burritos were both good. The waiters (Victor and Gabriel) were also very friendly.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

After biking the Golden Gate we wanted to refresh in Sausalito and the touristy area near the ferry dock was a little "too" touristy. A few steps away we found the Salsalito Taco Shop and are very happy we did. This was quite probably the best Mexican food we've had north of Mexico...very fresh ingredients, home made natcho chips, and outstanding guacamole...this from a person who generally doesn't eat guac! I had a small burrito that exploded with flavour and was more than enough to satisfy before riding back to San Fran, I would go back there in a heartbeat!

Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a quick bite after visiting SF. The margaritas were quite tasty and definitely had a kick. The tacos were good, don't think an extra $1 for flour tortilla was necessary. Chips were delicious with salsa. Quaint and cute. Servers very nice.

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

After a early morning trip to Muir woods we stopped in Sausalito for the afternoon. We walked the strip and continued down till we came across this restaurant. The decor attracted me first and the need for a drink got me to sit down. We were instantly welcomed and margaritas were ordered while we looked over the menu. The drinks were so good but a little too strong for my wife so I ended up drinking hers, cuz that's the kinda guy I am!!! She opted for a Roy Rodgers (Cherry Coke) and the food arrived the shrimp ceviche tostadas (huge shrimp), shrimp tacos the salsas were amazing, guacamole (very creamy) and homemade chips! The only thing was the tortillas could of been a bit thicker. They kinda fell apart before I was done with a taco. After another round we asked for the bill and found it to be quite reasonable.
Definitely a place to stop for tacos in Sausalito!!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

After seeing lines to get into Salsalito Taco Shop, and reading the reviews, we were excited to try it ourselves. The atmosphere is cute and fun. The chips and salsa and guacamole were very good. Three of us had burritos and one had tacos. I am not saying the food was not good. I guess we had expected more.....thus the average ranking.