“Fantastic Food”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mt Herman
Transit: Public Transit stops at Scotts Valley Dr. 100 yards away
Reviewed 23 June 2012

The food is outstanding. It is located in a little house behind a strip mall but is a wonderful experience. Excellent fresh fish and the crab is out of this world!!!

Reviewed 18 June 2012

My wife's birthday, a Saturday night, restaurant has fresh fish, an extensive wine list, a sommelier listed on their website - so what's not to like? First off, we asked for a Sauvignon Blanc - they were out of that wine. OK, so do you have another? No - I'm sorry... Hmmm, alright - appetiser comes and my wife comments to the wait person - no bread? She replies, Oh, I'm sorry (the most useless phrase in customer service) we ran out - (there are at least two supermarkets in the area, you ran out?? )
The meal was average at best and with the lack of the above, I felt less than happy about the experience. There was still a chance for them to pull this out - I ordered a single Panna Cotta for dessert for my wife and I to share and I thought perhaps they would comp that to offset their failings, but, no they did not. So a $105 meal that felt more like $80 - and that what I tipped her after scrawling my complaints on the back of my credit card slip before handing it in. I will not return to this restaurant even though I am less than three miles away - I would rather drive twenty for better service.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

When Sandabs first opened, we were very favorably impressed; not so much, lately. We don't eat dinners out; but we really appreciate well prepared lunches with top-quality ingredients; and those attributes had us going back to Sandabs often when we first moved to the Scotts Valley area in 2008. However, somewhere along the way (probably due to everyone's straitened financial circumstances) their lunch menu has been downgraded seriously and is far less varied and creative than once it was. The quality of the seafood is still tops, because the owner is an ex-fisherman who knows ocean provender thoroughly; but I wish he would return to his early and wonderful lunch menus.

1  Thank GrannieFrannie007
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I don't think there is anything I could say was bad or needed improvement about Sandabs! The main room is small and quietly tasteful in its decor, nice for a special occasion. The back room is more casual with a friendly crowd. We have always been seated and attended to promptly by a friendly and knowledgeable staff. The food is always excellant and they don't blink an eye about accomodating even extremely special dietary needs. They are pricey enough that I don't get to go as often as I would like, but the prices are quite reasonable for the quality of the food. Everything is very fresh, usually organic, and well prepared. They also have fresh raw seafood for sale that you can prepare at home. Do yourself a favor and check out Sandabs!