“Great Breakfast or Lunch”
Review of Cafe Lafayette - CLOSED

Cafe Lafayette
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Cafe Lafayette is conveniently located at 330-F Main Street in Seal Beach California, surrounded by a variety of local retail stores and the beautiful Seal Beach ambiance. Please join us for a quick but classic meal in an inviting and upscale environment only at Cafe Lafayette! Delicious food and fabulous service is what you can expect from Cafe Lafayette. Our quaint dining area with wonderful classic decor is open for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner... so you can't go wrong!! Our service is friendly and professional and our menu has a variety of dishes to choose from to please everyone in your family! Join us at Cafe Lafayette today, we look forward to seeing you here!
California
“Great Breakfast or Lunch”
Reviewed 5 January 2013

The service is friendly and the food is delicious. Great Lunch specials and the Mimosas are yummy. Its never crowded and the service is quick. It is located on Main street so its convenient to shopping and the beach.

Visited December 2012

Seal Beach, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality restaurant”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Cafe Lafayette is a local hangout. We have breakfast and an omelette is enough to split. The dinners are outstanding and the lentil soup the best.

Visited October 2012
Seal Beach, California
“This has lost any French feeling”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

They say they open at 8am for breakfast. but last time we were there, it was not open at 8:05am, so we left..We stood outside and the man inside saw us but ignored us. Three couples left before us and went to the Pastry shop La Crema, down the street...When you go in, the room is not friendly. but it could be..That is the problem with this place. The food can be quite good but why bother going when you feel that you are just another customer. The waiter/owner needs to hire someone with some appeal to greet the customers and bring some cheer. Too quiet and eerie for me. The atmosphere washes away any of the memories of good food. I have been there 3 times now and just can't muster up energy to return, And it doesn't serve dinner..Odd place and why spend money on just average.....

Visited May 2012
California
“Unexpected excellence”
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We had a Groupon, and went there to redeem it. It's a small place on Main St., very unassuming. We ordered our meals based on what our Groupon covered, and also an additional appetizer of house made potato chips with a warm gorgonzola dip. They were so good, and did not disappoint. My husband got a caesar salad, and chicken fettucine with sun dried tomatoes and red onions. I had a house salad with a dijon dressing, and a shell steak with mashed potatoes and sauteed veggies. Everything was delicious. The bread came with two kinds of spread, a sun dried tomato and an olive verde sauce. It was very good. House wine was adequate, and the service was very friendly and warm. I will go back without hesitation, even without a Groupon!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Kelly V
Long Beach, California
“OMG French Toast”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I have eaten here numerous times and I can tell you for breakfast they have the best french toast I have ever eaten in a restaurant.They bake it like they do in France. For lunch I like the wrap sandwiches and for dinner I really enjoy the Seabass with their own special topping of tomatoes and olives served over mashed potatoes.My husband ordered the filet and said it was very good.
I highly recommend you try this little gem.
Don't be in a rush though as good food takes time!

• Visited June 2012