“Great food and beer, warm and clean atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles

Abbey
Ranked #11 of 92 Restaurants in Seal Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, International, European, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cebu Island, Philippines
“Great food and beer, warm and clean atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2013

Been coming here on and off for about 10 years. Located on Main St near PCH in cozy seal beach. Nice TV's to watch the game but it doesn't have a loud sports bar feeling. Some regulars but anybody can come and feel welcome.

New bartender is great and really knows his beer. Pizza is made in a wood fired oven and there are decent happy hour specials.

• Visited August 2012

Camby, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Grouchy waiter”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Went in place because of the great beer list outside. There were 3 of us. Walked in and headed towards the back. Looked at the taps and turned around where there was an empty table went to sit down and we get cut off by a waiter getting a group of 4 to move to the table we were going to sit down at to accommodate a party of 6 that come in after us. I told him that and he didn't care. So we went back to the front where there are bar seats near the front windows and it was very warm. Ordered drinks. Noticed after about 10 minutes another table opened up. Went and sat down because it was cooler. Same and only waiter come by and looked and noticed we already had drinks and asked if we were going to order food. We said no. Here for drinks. Then the grouchy waiter really kicked in and he told us that we will have to move if a party of 4 come in to eat.... Really where to? There was not a sign that said wait to be seated either. It was a Monday night..8/20. Won't be back...I like the place and the selection of beer but can do without the attitude...

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Newerbacole
Huntington Beach, California
“We loved the food, atmosphere and Biz, our waitress”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

My girlfriend and I meet twice a year to celebrate each other's birthdays. We often meet in Seal Beach. I wanted to try a new restaurant and used Trip Advisors for help in deciding where to go. The reviews for Abbey sold me and what a fabulous experience we had. We were greeted by Biz, our waitress. I joked with her and we were launched into 2 hours of fun and yummy food from her. It was "wine Wednesday" as it turned out and wine by the glass was $5...sold! My friend had their signature burger and I had their portobello burger. Both came with beautifully seasoned fries. The burgers were delicious. We shared a birthday dessert presented by Biz, complements if the house. There is no way our experience could have been better and we can't wait to go back.

Cypress, CA
“Great food, great service, and great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

Initially came here because I bought a Living Social or Groupon deal. Ever since then, I probably go a couple times a month. The staff are awesome, the food is delicious (especially the popular items marked with an asteriks on their menu), lots of beer on tap, and a relaxing place to hang out. Everyday they have different specials e.g. Happy Hour all day Monday, buy one entree and get the second 1/2 off on Tuesdays and I can't seem to remember the others. And, for dinner they have wonderful specials as well.

I really like their wings (get them extra spicy), the west coast burger, and just had the baja turkey burger today which was awesome!!!!

Love the location to, it's right on Main Street in Seal Beach.

Definitely worth trying.

• Visited July 2012
La Quinta, California
“Local place with a bigger than local clientele”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Seal Beach's the Abbey Restaurant is in a modest location 3 blocks from the Pier. Having to compete on Main Street, where it seems like every other building houses a reataurant, this little gem holds its own, and more.

the Abbey has great lunches, very good dinners and a terrific bar. You will find the servers willing to help you with good choices, and, for us, more importantly, had one of their prime salads set up in a vegan format for us.

the Abbey is crowded (rightfully so) at both lunch and dinner. It pays to think about your timing on when you want your meal. (A recommendation is to adjust your schedule and stroll Main Street - shopping is good - if it is crowded when you arrive.)

My lunch meal of choice was the Spinach and Black bean Salad, adjusted to be a Vegan delight. I was pleased that our server was eager to set it up to meet our needs. In talking with him, he indicated that the Abbey was willing to adjust their menus to dietary needs whenever possible.

A suggestion to beat the evening crowds is to head over early and enjoy Happy Hour. Good prices on both food and drinks.

the Abbey is worth a visit, and you won't be alone in deciding it is a place to return to.

• Visited March 2012