“Simply wonderful!”

Ranked #18 of 94 Restaurants in Seal Beach
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Seal Beach Blvd
Description: Welcome to Mahe Restaurant in Seal Beach. Our atmosphere is cool, casual and comfortable. Our amazing kitchen and sushi chefs create a most unique dining experience. Come in and see what we’re all about - we promise you won't be disappointed. Due to limited seating, the sushi bar is first come first served. We will do our best to seat you at your requested table as soon as one is available.
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

We had dinner here on a Sunday night and it was so wonderful! We just had sushi, appetizers and cocktails but they were divine. The snow cone sushi and tataki (sp?) were my favorites. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone in seal beach as they had a little bit of everything on the menu!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Out of my three nights spend in the Seal Beach area, the meal I had at Mahe was tops.

I sat at the sushi bar and struck up a conversation with a neighbor at the bar who has been coming back each week for a while. The rolls I tried backed up the other patron's praise, and the service from the gentlemen behind the bar was top notch.

I highly recommend sitting at the bar as the experience at the bar matches the ambiance of the establishment much more than it would to sit at a table or booth.

Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

I took my sister & brother in-law there & all three of us agreed we had a fabulous dining experience. Started off with 4 separate appetizers we shared moving onto salads, all 7 items uniquely different & delicious. Loved the stuffed squash blossoms & crab cakes; grilled artichoke too dried out. Beet salad perfect flavors! Entrees were fish plates, large enough servings 2 of us took leftovers home. Desserts were divine! Very spendy but worth the money and our waiter was attentive with a lively personality. Definitely going back. The earlier the reservation the quieter.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

We ate here last year on a weekend trip to Seal Beach and loved it. Thie time, there were issues(3 strikes, they're out).
1st - Missing Avocade in one of our rolls. Sushi Chef claimed they never put avocado in their Albacore Jalapeno Roll when it clearly states it on the menu. He looked at the menu and said oh they must have just changed it.

2nd - I was offered roasted fingerlings as a side to my halibut. Right before it was served they told me the chef quit making them.

3rd - Dessert List, we ordered the Vanilla Bean cheesecake. Server came back, they just ran out!

So we asked her(Courtney, who was lovely throughout) how about another Martini on the house for all the issues we had. She went to ask her "manager" (Craig). He said he couldn't do it but would take the $5 Salmon sushi off our bill. He didn't even have the managerial skills to come tell us himself, he sent her. I have NEVER had that happen, when there's a problem the manager always comes over. Would we go back, probably but only on a night when there is a real manager on duty.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

My husband and I have been going here for years. We mostly go out for sushi at restaurants and this place is still our favorite. Jose is amazing and has special sauces that make you crave more. We never order off the menu, we remind him what we like and he just makes it. Never have been disappointed. Our kids love it here too. Find out when the happy hours are. The staff are always upbeat and friendly. Whether you are a local or visiting you have to check it out. They also have a full menu with steak and seafood for those who don't do sushi in your party.