“Missed it by that much.....”

Rocharin Thai Cuisine
Ranked #18 of 92 Restaurants in Seal Beach
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Portland, Oregon
“Missed it by that much.....”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

My wife and I decided on Rocharin because a) we love Thai food and b) the previous visit to Siam was not up to standard. We found it tucked a little way off Pacific Coast Highway in a small, inviting spot. Interior was also inviting - subdued, plain and clean. We were seated immediately and shortly were greeted by Jack, the owner. The staff was courteous and efficient. My wife ordered duck and I had the soft shell crab. Since the appetizers (satay) were a little cold, we were afraid the entrees would be also and, alas, we were right. Delicious, yes, but not hot. Also, my wife's dish came well after mine, which was off-putting. Despite this, I would rate the friendliness of the wait staff highly and would consider returning on the basis of taste alone.

• Visited February 2013

St. George, Utah
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

Great experience. The food is outstanding and as good as any place we ate on numerous trips to Thailand. The service is excellent, just as you would expect from a Thai place. The atmosphere was very nice, quite with soft jazz in the background. The prices were much lower then one would expect for the quality of food and service. Met all of our expectation.

• Visited January 2013
Westminster, California
“A slice of Thai heaven”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

My hubby and i find ourselves as kind of foodies. We have had regular Thai food, but this is the best we have ever had. The wait staff was also encredibly helpful and kind. We sampled their sampler plater( a must have for first timers), Waton soup AMAZING!, Pineapple fried rice TO DIE FOR, spicey eggplant and tofu A MUST HAVE FOR THE VEGE CROUD, and the muscle red curry ROCKIN! I couldnt say enough about the food quaility and right sized portions. This little Thai bistro is a diamond in the ruff for sure. I would drive accross orange county to eat here.
This is our families new favorte resturant.

• Visited January 2013
San Antonio, TX
“Rocharin Thai Bistro - Wonderful!”
Reviewed 12 November 2012

I believe Rocharin Thai Bistro just opened in Sept 2012, perhaps a change in ownership(?), at this location. We chanced to stop in while visiting Seal Beach and were so pleased with the staff, the atmosphere, and especially the food, we came back twice before we left! "Jack", the owner, was there to greet us and help us with any questions about the menu. The food was fresh and seasoned just right - I like it mild, my partner likes it spicy. We tried soup, appetizer, noodle dish, and rice. They were all delicious.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank tallred727
“Relax and quite”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

If you are looking for a place to have a chat with your friends this is the right place...food was average, but the place is nice and has a relaxed atmosphere...