“Love this place!!!”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I will start off by saying I am a bit of a Thai food snob. This is one of my favorite Thai restaurants, and I have tried dozens. What sets this place apart is the warmth and friendliness of the staff. Add to that, wonderfully prepared dishes, and you have a winner! The delicate uses of spices, freshness of ingredients and excellent visual presentation add up to a great dining experience. I love the way their Tom Kha soup is prepared...nice coconut flavor without being heavy. The Thai beef salad is excellent. I also enjoyed the Panang Curry...robust flavor with a touch of sweetness. I have gone here with friends, and have yet to have anyone not enjoy their order. I live close by, but I would drive 15-20 minutes to come here if I didn't. With that said, I am heading there now to meet some friends for dinner!

1  Thank ETravelfinder_123

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Wonderful experience... I will come back whenever we are in Seal Beach. The staff were very friendly and the food was amazing. Had a great time. Arrived during happy hour and was not disappointed. Great atmosphere, great food.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We have come here a few times and have ordered out a couple of times and each time, it's delicious! The staff is really nice and friendly. They go out of their way to check in with you and make sure you're happy with your experience. Our fave dish is the salmon with garlic sauce (OMG good) and the noodles (pad see ewe, pad thai) are good too. The prices are reasonable.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Yelp led me here and I couldn't be more grateful.

Hidden in the back of a small shopping area on PCH (I realize hidden on PCH sounds a bit peculiar but bare with me here) is a classy little Thai joint just wanting to make you and your stomach happy.

Everyone is warmly and genuinely greeted as they walk in.
I happened to order to go so I approached the bar. I was offered a glass of Ice water with Lemon while I waited/perused the menu.

They have all your traditional Thai dishes but this place wont cut any corners to make them. I had the Beef Salad and some Tom Yum with Chicken.

The Tom Yum wasnt greasy or overly oily at all. all the veggies were thickly cut which is nice.

The beef salad was good. Ample portion of beef and some great dressing.
While waiting the owner came up to introduce himself. He inquired about my day, how I was doing, etc, but not in an intrusive way. Actually, we spoke for a good time and suddenly, I felt like I was family and I just knew I would be back before even taking my first bite. Just by how he and his staff would treat other customers, you can tell they really do go full length to make you happy.

When I try some new dishes I will write again, but my first experience blows it out of the water. Nice discovery now that Thai Boom is gone!

Reviewed 19 July 2013

If you live in Belmont Shore, you've probably had Thai Gourmet by Srimaya, on the downtown end of 2nd Street with the inviting red exterior. And there's nothing wrong with their food. We were thinking of making dinner there a regular thing in our rotation, but on a whim we tried Rocharin in Seal Beach, and I don't think we will ever go back to Thai Gourmet. Here are a few reasons: (1) the staff at Rocharin are some of the nicest you will meet. They smile because they are happy to see you, not because they feel like they have to.They genuinely want you to enjoy yourself and your food. Jack is the owner, and it's impossible not to like him. (2) The inside is tasteful and relaxing. It's a bit dark, but there are always fresh flowers on the table and cushions on the benches along the perimeter of the restaurant. A few flatscreens in discreet corners rotate images of tempting Thai dishes and idyllic Thai scenes, and small decorative birdcages hang over the tables at the center of the restaurant. (3) Not least, every dish we've had here is consistent and flavorful. Granted, we've not been too adventurous yet, but that's in part because we usually arrive with a deep craving for the dishes that have become our favorites: BBQ Pork Noodle Soup, Rad Na Noodles, and Spring Rolls. Whether you dine in or take out, the dishes are served hot (temperature-wise. You can control the spiciness by adding the condiments they bring you on the side) and are reliably full of flavor. Being a vegetarian, I can't say firsthand how the the BBQ Pork Noodle soup is, but I'm told it's both light and filling. The Rad Na Noodles with your choice of steamed or fried tofu satisfy my desire for savory gravy and the comforting bite of rice noodles while delivering some vegetable nutrition in the form of perfectly steamed and bright green broccoli florets.

Only one time did I manage to leave enough room for dessert, and I chose the Sticky Rice with Mango on Jack's recommendation. I need to learn to save room more often because it hit the spot: beautifully plated white and black sticky rice drizzled with syrupy coconut cream and brightened by sliced strawberries and mango at the height of ripeness. The balance of sweetness from the fruit plus a touch of saltiness from the rice warmed with coconut cream: can't think of a better end to the meal.

So go here, and return often. You'll leave feeling extremly pleased with your meal and with supporting a family-owned business that, still being under a year old, can use all the regulars it can get to keep it open and thriving.