“Friendly and clean”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Seal Beach
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
“Friendly and clean”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Seal Beach Hampton was my home for one week of business travel. They are very nice at this property and all was in order. The room was fresh, clean and well presented. My room was extra quiet and much appreciated – on third floor. The breakfast ‘lady’ was wonderful and more than expected helpful. For me this property was well located and a great place to work from for a week.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I needed a hotel that was close to my office and the Hampton Inn was only 5 minutes away. This is my first time at a Hampton Inn and I was pleasantly surprised. No, this is not a Four Seasons, W, or Fairmont, but for the value I had an excellent stay. The free breakfast was a nice touch, the pool + hot tub area was vacant the entire time (had it all to myself) and the front desk staff were incredibly friendly and always said hello and remembered my name (which I was impressed by). In fact I am returning there in just a few days for my second stay.

I never found parking to be an issue and it was easy to navigate the area to get food, gas, etc.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
somerset,ca
Reviewed 30 October 2013

First thing at check in was a warning about smoking in your room and a fine of $250 if you did. Not much of a welcome! I am a smoker and never smoke in a room or my own home for that matter, found this statement to be very offensive. I have stayed in many Hampton Inn's all across this country and have never experienced this kind of treatment at any other Hampton before. I might add that the free breakfast at this estabilishment was very sub-standard by comparision to other Hampton Inn's. Also, parking for this Hampton is shared by a medium sized shopping center making parking a problem. Room amenities were also sub-standard, by comparision to other Hamptons elsewhere. Beware!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Michael B
SBMngr, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. I believe I spoke to you upon your departure. Again, I apologize that our non-smoking policy took away from your experience. As I have explained, our smoking policy is on the registration card which reads "A fee up to $250 USD will be assessed for smoking in a non-smoking room. Please ask the Front Desk for locations of designated outdoor smoking areas." We require our guests, all of our guests to sign and initial the registration card upon check-in. We thought it best that we inform our guests what they are signing. It is certainly not our intention to offend anyone, nor do we single out any of our guests with this policy since we do let all of our guests know about our policy. As I have told you, I will address it with the team just the same, which I have. Thank you for bringing it to my attention, and we will make sure to choose our words upon informing our guests about our policy.
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Great value, good breakfast, and good location. Room was clean, beds were comfortable. Staff was friendly (for the most part) and the parking was adequate. Restaurants near by were good and the gas station was close.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. Nothing makes us happier than seeing our guests enjoy their stay with us, and also thank you for Jesse's compliment. A good, positive feedback from our guests comes a long way with the team's morale.
Saint Charles
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stay here on business trips every few weeks and have found the staff helpful, efficient, and very friendly. They definitely strive for quality customer service. The rooms are good size and the furnishings and linens are in good shape. The rooms are always clean and the WiFi and cable TV is never a problem. You can't beat the free breakfast spread, which is huge, the decent exercise room, the outdoor pool (which I have never used), and convenient no- valet free parking. There is a [big name] coffee shop across the parking lot along with a well-known sandwich franchise. Easy on-off of 405 freeway and those warm cookies at 5 PM make this a location I always return to.

• Stayed October 2013
san pedro, United States
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I have stayed here a few times and it is our get away from home. Love the area and the things to do that are close to the hotel. Everyone was nice and helpful. I will always come back to this place because i feel secure and treated like i belong there

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Renton, Washington
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I would've liked to give this hotel 5 stars but couldn't because I had a bad experience and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody. The staff was very nice, it's in a wonderful location just a short drive from PCH and Seal Beach. I was in a nice King Suite and it was very clean and the bed was cozy and comfortable, but the walls must be terribly thin because it sounded like there were a herd of elephants staying above me. I came from Seattle for a nice, relaxing getaway and that wasn't what I had. I was awakened early every day and often kept up late as well. It's nobody's fault; I've just never stayed in a hotel where I could hear every step the people above me took. One of the reasons I stayed here is a friend lives close by and I told her not to recommend it when she has visitors unless they can get a room on the top floor. I won't be staying here for my next trip either. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Request a room on the top floor otherwise if you have guests staying above you it's very distrac...