“Great food, good service”

Stammtisch German Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 88 Restaurants in Seaside
Cuisines: German, European
Good for: Child-friendly
San Francisco, California
“Great food, good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

We had a vocation at Monterey. We found this special place online. The reviews were really good so we decided to try it. It was my first time having German food. Here is what we ordered:

German Beer - I forgot the name of the beer. It tasted like real beer. We ordered a non-alcoholic one coz my husband needed to drive.

Appetizers:
Zwiebelsuppe- it was an onion soup with a whole piece of onion inside. It tasted really good, not too salty, very strong onion flavor.
Complimentary Germen bread and butter

Main dishes:
Pork Belly with some kind of stuffing inside- it was a special dish that day. I really like the pork belly. It was really tendered I was ok with the stuffing as I am not a big fan. I thought it made the dish very heavy but I guess German is known for their heavy dishes.

Hausplatte- it was a like a variety of German food. I personally prefer this dish over the pork belly from above. I got the opportunity to try different dishes. The dish contained chicken, potato, sausages, some German's vegetables etc.

Overall the food was very yummy. It's not a cheap place but not terrible. The servers there were really nice. They kept on checking us to make sure we were satisfied with the food.

• Visited September 2011

Reno, Nevada
“Reminds Me Of Mom's Cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2011

Grew up with German-American parents, and this restaurant is the closest to some of the food I had at home. Small, cozy, excellent decor, family run. Dinner for me was a combo (sampler) plate, with great taste, and memories of my youth. Anxious to return and try other things. Certainly the best quality restaurant in Seaside, CA.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Sharkys_Pal
Portland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“******* Fabulous FOOD and FOLKS! ********”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2011

We celebrated a 50th Wedding Anniversary here with nearly 30 guests. The arrangements were all made over the phone and upon our arrival EVERYTHING was perfect and ready for the event - just as promised by Claudia and Erwin.
The staff was extremely attentive all night long and everyone's dish arrived freshly prepared and PIPING HOT, and I mean everyone's! The food is FABULOUS with that authentic home-cooked taste you long for from a GREAT German meal. Our dessert (a special cake ordered by Claudia for our event ) was also out of this world.
Not only are the folks here wonderful and the food fabulous, but the overall experience is worthy of ANY event, from simple dinner plans to ANY special event you have to celebrate. If Claudia and Erwin promise it will be great - it will be better than promised! The value delivered by the Stammtisch is also unmatched by other locations.
EATING HERE IS A MUST if you land anywhere on the Monterey Peninsula! It's a hidden GEM!
Do not let the location and/or quaint exterior deter you. You'll leave happy and full of hot, great German food!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank Allmightytraveler
san francisco, ca
“Good food, great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2011

We went to this restaurant because we were staying at Seaside for our Monterey visit and wanted to eat locally. The reviews were excellent, so we wanted to see what it was about. The first thing I apreciated was that after we had ordered our daughter's meal (she's 3), the order came a good 10 minutes later. It was served even though our order wasn;t ready yet. Anyone with a hungry toddler knows they can't really wait while hungry without getting some hint of crankiness. So this was a BIG hapy moment for mama.

The food was great! My hubby got the roasted pork which he really enjoyed and I got the sampler plate, which was also very yummy. Really good and serving was substantial. It is not a cheap place to eat but not terrible either. My plate was $20, his was $18.

Service was quick and friendly,

• Visited April 2011
George Town, Grand Cayman
“Excellent Value and Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2011

My wife and I were pleasantly suprised by the fine meal of Sparglen Suppe and Mixed Wurst which rivaled any of the meals we had in our many trips to Munchen. The service was attentive and pleasant, both owners (chef and host) served our table at various times. The meal was a great value, and will visit again when we are in the area.

• Visited February 2011