“Bare bones accommodations.”

Americas Best Value Inn-Seaside North
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The location is ok, just a few minutes from Monterey and Cannery Row, sort of just on the side of a road. Parking lot is too small in size and capacity and awkward to navigate. The room smelled very strange, my daughter thought it smelled like celery, maybe bad celery. The linens were rough and didn't stay on the bed, the towels and wash cloths were stained. The family running the place seemed nice enough but communication was difficult with a language barrier. The price was cheap, but you definitely felt like you were staying in a run down motel. I don't think I'd ever stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I can't say too much about the motel that's overly negative. For two business travelers, staying for three nights, it fit the bill and saved us some money.
The good: Room was clean, check-in and extending for a night was smooth & hassle-free.
The mediocre: Vending machines lack variety and parking is a bit of a premium space-wise.
The bad: Lots of people hanging around outside of rooms, street noise was pretty high and adjoining room guests were noisy well into the night.
My advice would be not to choose this hotel if you're traveling with children.
However, as a whole, if you're not expecting luxury but want a clean place to stay at a decent price, this motel meets your expectations.

Room Tip: Plan to get a parking space before dinner time.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 October 2013

I stayed ole night In October 2013 and I ll recommended this motel.
It a very clean. People are helpfull
Close too the center.
Parking and internet is useful
Good address
I paid 42$ without taxes which is not expensive at all

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Guillaume B
Reviewed 17 June 2013

This place was cheap for the area, so I wouldn't gripe, but seemed like questionable people were living there. Every time I left my room a large dog down the corridor barked threateningly. The room next to us had muffled rock music going until 5AM accompanied by a woman whooping intermittantly! Somewhere, earlier in the evening, I could hear a Mexican woman speaking quickly and non-stop (on the phone) for quite a long time. The room was clean enough (found no bedbugs), and adequate. Complimentary breakfast consisted of a packaged roll, and some tang. No coffee to be found in the "lobby", nor a host to give our key to upon checking out. We had called five times to change our reservation and finally gave up, arriving on the later date we'd decided on. The woman we spoke with seemed not to know what to do with us, making references to the manager coming in at various times. She took our number with each call and nobody called back. But, there was no charge for the change. Not even a mention of it. Parking was really terrible, I'd hate to have come back late. This place is not for the faint of heart........

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ladyinkona
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Absolutely worst hotel I have ever come close to staying in! I was overbooked on a traveling agency website which I also do not recommend (booking.com), and was referred to stay here.The people there were rude and unpleasant and the whole hotel looks like a warehouse so naturally I was frightened to see the rooms. I was told that they only had one room left and it was smoking, which would be a problem because I have asthma. The owner did let us see the room before we booked it but when we walked to the room we were frightened by the outside. The window in our room was smashed and had duck tape covering up the broken parts of it. When we walked in the room the smell was just awful, my boyfriend and I could barely breath. Not to mention the dust, dirt and spider webs coating the walls and furniture topped off with the cracks in the walls and ceiling. Unfortunately we were in a hurry and on our way to a wedding so we booked this room for the night thinking we could look for another place after the wedding. We came back 30 minutes later to find that we would not be refunded even after I told them I had asthma and couldn't stay in the smoking room. I was charged $257 for a piece of garbage room I didn't stay in. I did not realize that I would be charged even though it had only been 30 minutes. Shame on them. Do NOT stay here even if you are desperate for a room!!

Room Tip: Do NOT stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank sharronw
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Stayed only one night, view of a homeless encampment out my window, noisy and on a main road. Overpriced but the room interior was nice and clean, the furniture was newer and the bed was comfortable.
Left my phone charger in the room and guess what happened when I called...YOU GUESSED IT "WE DON'T HAVE IT".
Took forever to get checked in and no-one was in front of us. Their customer skills leave much to be desired and Stay if you must for comfort it will work, for pleasure it wont.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hockeygirl77
Reviewed 17 October 2012

This place is a serious dump. It's very noisy; practically right on top of a very busy street and close to the freeway. Dirty and run down on the outside. Stench of Indian food permeates. Room itself wasn't horrible; actually fairly roomy. Family of owners hung around and kept door to service facilities open so their private discussions were broadcast to anyone who walked by. Worst part; never before have had this happen in hundreds of nights staying in motels, in the middle of the night my locked door was opened and a flashlight was cast about the room. The intruder stated "I am man u jar" in his broken English and promptly retreated. Scared the hell out of me. Complaint the next morning when I checked out was basically shrugged off with a perfunctory apology. Not worth the cheap price.

Room Tip: There are none.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank dscgolf
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside
Sand Castle Inn
#5 of 56 in Monterey
Hampton Inn Monterey
Hampton Inn Monterey
#8 of 56 in Monterey

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Seaside North? Share your experiences!