Econo Lodge Bay Breeze
Sand Castle Inn(Seaside)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$67
Discovery Inn(Seaside)
US$64
US$106
All reviewscharging stationfront windowcoffee makerincluded breakfastnight staybed was comfortablepebble beachcerealfreewayfiaquariumwharf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Reading the other reviews about this motel, I find hard to believe that I stayed in the same place as the other persons making comments. The prices were the best I have ever found in the area. The room was clean, comfortable, and had amenities that I no longer find at motels charging much more. I look for value and cleanliness, not luxury, and this motel definitely offers the basics at an affordable price. The room has a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, toiletries, plenty of fresh towels, and abundant closet and drawer space. The breakfast available in the lobby is much more than what I would expect from a continental-style offering. Staff was friendly, hospitable, responsive, and gracious. I will stay here again, and I will not hesitate to highly recommend this motel to other travelers.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We booked this place at the last minute through Hotwire ! For 200$/ night, this place is a joke ! Old building, stained wall, dirty floor. Rooms/ restrooms were not cleaned properly. The only good thing was the decent breakfast. If you are paying more than 50$/ night for this place, better find rooms someplace else and save yourself !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank nilotpalr
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Very old hotel. Thankfully we only had to stay one night. The bed sheets had stains all over them. The bathroom had hair on the floor and on the towels. We had a long morning and wanted to rest for the afternoon but the room was so hot! There is no AC in the hotel. Front desk said it will cool down at night. It never did! We couldn't sleep because it was so out in the room. The bed was hard as a rock. Went to take a shower to cool down and there was barely any water pressure. There was no way I could wash my hair. We couldn't wait to get out of there. The hotel was cheap but not worth it. Next time I will spend the extra money to have a nice room.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Summer G
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Since we planned to stay on a Friday night and being this is a tourist area, it's slim picking since we didn't want to spend a fortune for our stay. We've never stayed in an Econo Lodge and the name itself (Econo=Economy) gave us some doubt. It turns out ok, there were many guests that night (based on the cars in the parking lot,) but it was quiet, and the room we have is spacious with a large bathroom. Our room was clean and the bed(s) comfortable. Highway 1 entrance and exit is close by, makes it easy to go to any popular Monterey attraction.

There were minor issues:
1) On Choice Hotels website, it states "All guest rooms include......coffee maker....." and "...free cofee in lobby..." There was no coffee maker in our room, so I went to the lobby to get "free coffee". There wasn't any made. Then the Front Desk Person asked me "Don't you have a coffee maker in your room?" I told her "no" then she made some after commenting "oh it must be only the king bed rooms."
2) Between the door and door frame where the security latch is attached, there's a 1/8"x1" (approximately) crack that I can see the building across and from the outside I can see inside our room clearly if you peek through it. My husband put the "do not disturb" sign through the latch to cover it.
3) The front desk person didn't seem interested when I asked her where's a good place eat. Either she doesn't know or don't care, I couldn't tell.
4) About a third of the channels on the TV list is not watchable, has somekind of interference signal, eventhough no appliance was used/on including CNN (the staple channel for most hotel chain.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Marian T
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I don't think we were in our room more than 15 minutes...the time it took to find another room in a better location. There were people "hanging out" all around outside our room and we could hear everything in the next room and outside. A few homeless were camped out beside our room at the end of the building. Depressing and a bit scary for a vacation spot. Wasted my points on a free night that ended up being a 15 min stay. The manager didn't act surprised when i gave the reason for checking out. Room was clean but outdated. Did not feel safe there.

• Stayed: May 2013