Econo Lodge Bay Breeze
Sand Castle Inn(Seaside)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$74
Hotels.com
US$106
US$106
All reviewscharging stationfront windowcoffee makerincluded breakfastnight staybed was comfortablepebble beachcerealfreewayfiaquariumwharf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2013

My husband and I stayed for one night in July using Seaside as a cheaper stop over near to Monterey on our way down the PCH. Like other reviewers have mentioned, this is an economy motel which is a bit worn and run down, but not as bad as we feared after reading some of the reviews! Check in was efficient, the car park large and free and the room a good size. There was a TV, table and chairs and the bonus of a fridge and microwave. The bathroom was clean and spacious with a bath and complimentary toiletries. However, the view from the window of the room was a disused gas station-nice, the carpet was worn, the furniture a bit bashed and base of the bed ripped, but ok for one night. The location was ok and there was no problem with us fetching a takeaway at night to eat in our room. The bed was comfy and the sheets clean and we got an ok nights sleep when the ?salesman? in the next room eventually stopped shouting into his phone which we could hear quite clearly through the paper thin walls!! Breakfast was ok-bagels, cereal, toast, coffee and orange juice which we took back to our room.

Overall, we paid £50 and in return got a basic, no frills, ok one night stay with free parking and breakfast near to Monterey (out of our price range in the summer) which wasn't as bad we thought it would be, but I agree with other reviewers that this is a one night stop over motel and wouldn't be pleasant for longer stays

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2013

For a holiday weekend, we were surprised when we pulled up on day 2 of a 3 day weekend and found 3 other cars in the whole parking lot. By nightfall more cars showed but it became clear that our Hotwire/Expedia booking was not a good one. The place is ok for a cheap alternative but for $72 it is not close to the value that we expected. What an expensive dump. We stayed at motels before but this is pretty poor. Old rooms, stained walls, carpet likely dirty (not going to check it), questionable people around, breakfast area tiny, and furnishings old and worn. Even the 2 wall "paintings", one on each adjacent wall, are exactly the same! Sure adds to the cheapness of the place. I should've just paid another $100 and go for better comfort and cleanliness. Will not come back given all the other alternatives.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Denny S
Reviewed 20 August 2013

My wife and me were doing LA to SF via PCH and we found this hotel to be a perfect stop in our road trip.

This is a motel and econo lodge. So don't pay too much and don't expect a five star. The room was ok with a fridge and a microwave. A nice surprise was the bathroom that was very clean and very large for a motel.

Staff was friendly and showed us what we could do on the evening in Monterey which is at 10 minute by car.

The breakfest offered in the morning is ok. Medium choice and fruits (apple, banana). The only thing strange is that the milk is not in a fridge and the breakfest is from 6 to 10... multiplied by 7 days... Well, nice touch anyway!

Recommended for road trip stop. Not recommended for long term stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Reading the other reviews about this motel, I find hard to believe that I stayed in the same place as the other persons making comments. The prices were the best I have ever found in the area. The room was clean, comfortable, and had amenities that I no longer find at motels charging much more. I look for value and cleanliness, not luxury, and this motel definitely offers the basics at an affordable price. The room has a small refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, toiletries, plenty of fresh towels, and abundant closet and drawer space. The breakfast available in the lobby is much more than what I would expect from a continental-style offering. Staff was friendly, hospitable, responsive, and gracious. I will stay here again, and I will not hesitate to highly recommend this motel to other travelers.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We booked this place at the last minute through Hotwire ! For 200$/ night, this place is a joke ! Old building, stained wall, dirty floor. Rooms/ restrooms were not cleaned properly. The only good thing was the decent breakfast. If you are paying more than 50$/ night for this place, better find rooms someplace else and save yourself !

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family