“In town for one night”

Howard Johnson Express Inn Monterey Seaside
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I was in town for some sales calls and needed a clean and quiet place to stay this worked out great. Staff was nice room was clean and the price was great
Monterey is a great place

• Stayed: March 2012

Reviewed 8 April 2012

I am so impresed with this property, how clean, big rooms with great amenities, excellent customer service at front desk, nice breakfast, great price and location is great near to Starbucks, Costco, freeway access, near the wharf, Cannery Row and many other tourist attractions. Our 2 queen size bedroom comes with kitchenette and a big bathroom. Property is renovated and I truely recommend it. I used to live in Monterey area so I know what and where to stay and I'm very picky where I stay. I will come stay here again with my family. Thank you Howard Johnson at Seaside for making our stay so great and our trip to Monterey an exeptional one!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 December 2011

This is not a luxury hotel. It is, however, clean, the beds were comfortable and the bathroom adequate. It is well located to visit Monterey Bay and the area. The staff was very nice and helpful. Great for budget travel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 December 2011

I would be happy to visit this Howard Johnson again.
The rooms were clean and a good size.
The people running it were sincerely friendly and helpful in every way.
It's a good experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 October 2011

The rooms really needed to be thoroughly cleaned. It was ok when we first entered the room. The microwave was not plugged in. So, I had to pull out the fridge to reach the sockets in the back to plug the microwave in. It was very nasty in the back (full of cobwebs and dirty). The back of the dresser where TV sat on was never cleaned as we discovered trash left by previous occupants and also very dirty. The comforter smelled musty.

Their breakfast is good and sufficient. Parking is not a problem. We saw a big group of people enjoying the hot tub at night. Location is decent.

They just need to improve on the cleaning part and all will be well.

Room Tip: Upstairs room is quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2011

Let's start off by saying not a great place at all...when we got to our room, there was a toilet plunger right outside our door, there were dirty towels still hanging on the back of the bathroom door and a coffee cup lid siting on the table. The bed were clean as far as we could tell and the carpet was in pretty good shape. Other than those two things, not much else nice I can say about the place.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 September 2011

My friends and I really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms are a nice size, the beds were comfortable, and the bathroom area was larger than I expected. There was some mold in the bathroom but that is to be expected in an ocean town where there is a lot of moisture. The room was clean and the heater/air conditioner worked very well. The hot tub was great!! Nice and hot. Breakfast was good, loved the waffles...plus they had coffee, juice, cereal, muffins, and pastries. I would go back there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside
Sand Castle Inn
Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay
Holiday Inn Express @ Monterey Bay
Casa Munras Garden Hotel & Spa
Hilton Garden Inn Monterey

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn Monterey Seaside? Share your experiences!