“Horrible costumer service”

Howard Johnson Express Inn Monterey Seaside
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Seaside
“Horrible costumer service”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

This a horrible hotel with rude costumer service. I had a bad experience and was treated horribly. There's other hotels around nicer and for better price, you don't get what you pay for at all. I paid $150 a night and was treated very rudely. Don't bother!

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

I needed a place to stay for one night and didn't see spending over $200 for a Hilton, etc. so I looked for a name that I've heard before since there were a lot of random motels in that area. I found the Howard Johnson and although I have never stayed at one, I have seen them around and know they are a chain, so what could go wrong? Well I will let the pictures of the talking, I didn't expect the Ritz Carlton for $148 a night, but I didn't expect the filth that my room had. I went and bought wet ones to wipe down things I needed but didn't even take a shower because the shower head was disgusting. I am also writing an email to Howard Johnson HQ about this as well. As you can see from my other posts, I certainly give credit when credit is do, but this needs to be pointed out. Please see pictures.

• Stayed August 2013

Travellers are raving about these Seaside hotels

Hesperia
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Mr. Suresh Patel and staff provided customer service of excellence! Everyone from the front desk to house keeping were professional and courteous. When asked of ANYTHING no was not their option.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Modesto
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Everything was favorable. I could sleep very well. There is room for improvement on accomodating me & other guests in the future with "true" NON-SMOKING AREA when requesting a NON-SMOKING ROOM. I DID GET NON SMOKING ON MY SECOND FLOOR. However, the hotel room directly below me did have guests who's cigarette smoked floated up. And to TOP IT OFF . . . I could smell the Pot making it's way through my window, even when I had closed the window.
The room was clean, plenty of towels, VERY SWEET housekeepers,
excellent work ethic. Rooms always tidy
Thanks

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside
Sand Castle Inn
Holiday Inn Express @ Monterey Bay
Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Howard Johnson Marina at Monterey Bay
InterContinental The Clement Monterey

Been to Howard Johnson Express Inn Monterey Seaside? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Howard Johnson Express Inn Monterey Seaside

Property: Howard Johnson Express Inn Monterey Seaside
Address: 1893 Fremont Blvd, Seaside, CA 93955-3610
Region: United States > California > Monterey County > Seaside
Business Centre with Internet Access Free Parking Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Wheelchair access
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Seaside
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Howard Johnson Express Inn Monterey Seaside 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Howard Johnson Express Inn Monterey Seaside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Express Seaside Hotel Seaside