“SPOTLESS QUIET HOTEL”

Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Seaside
San Francisco, California
“SPOTLESS QUIET HOTEL”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

i was a little hesitant after reading some reviews on this place but after breaking down on our way to SF from santa barbara and the SUV being repaired would take a full 24 hours i went to the reception desk and was immediately give a queen room for a rate of $50 for the night. we needed somewhere extremely cheap with the repairs to SUV $1500

THe room was spotless, huge and well maintained so i couldnt understand the bad reviews previously posted on all the major sites.

Reception was warm and friendly and extremly attentive, We asked could we store our bags there after check out as we were unsure if the car would be ready, they said no problem, anything they could do to help they would

There was breakfast included in this price which had... cereal, bagels toast fruit oj coffee and a selection of pastries. TASTY

THe pool area was large clean and quiet.

They do seem to have remodeled this place and seem to still be in the process with some rooms

It was extremely quiet and definately worth the money

WE WOULD 100% STAY HERE AGAIN

Room Tip: ask for AAA rate
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ATHBOY1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Half Moon Bay, California
Reviewed 14 April 2011

here to begin.... deplorable negligent shameful disgraceful sham of a business. they have lied for years claiming they are a 'best western' online ....and have not been a member over 6 years! they turned off the water after i checked in, even though i told the woman at the front desk i needed to shower before a conference and was running short on time! the heater didn't work. the hotel was quiet when i arrived, then at night was filled with rowdy people. the woman at the desk claimed no one was on the property at night however, at 2 am i saw her in her pj's trying to unlock herself from her suite above the office. ridiculous and disgusting service, property was dirty, there was a maintenance man there who said he was from another property....just really bad. it's worth the 5 dollars to stay anywhere else! even outside would be better...in the snow....in a canoe....in a shoe!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Seaside hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 August 2010

My girlfriend and I chose this Hotel due to the listing and rates to attend a festival which listed as being located within one mile proximity. WELL..not so close, but thats ok. we are walkers!! Once we parked our vehicle-bad sign #1-note on door of ofs(be back in 10 mins), #2 the female at the checkin desk con't to answer the phones while trying to register us for our rooms appearing confused, #3 room not ready yet, we leave, we come back, a young man at desk answering phones as well (rude), THEN he comes running to the car because he forgot to give us room keys, #4 WE return to our room end of the night-dark-cold outside-scarey area for we as females (room key DID NOT WORK) another sign on door-ofs closed-call this number-no one around- no one answers!! had to dig high/low to locate upper mgmt to call someone else to come let us in the room. She - Ms Roxanne was very caring and nice! at checkout all we get is: Im sorrrrryyy..pitiful customer service!! pitiful!!! hire someone else ! Room ok and small, bathroom as well..served the visiting purpose..YET, mattress boxspring had BIG STAINS..YULK..not sanitary ! dust, dirt left on the side of the bathtub as well. nice towels and clean linen..edges of mattress hard and bruising upon entering bedside! Oh lets not forget-TV remote not working and at times the automatic button on TV was not connecting! Continental breakfast ok-served in a teenie room not enough room for families, yet those single customers had room or you can take it back to your room. summing this all uo-You should leave a current EMERGENCY NUMBER if you choose to close the office of your Hotel at least! anything can happen!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
Huntington Beach Ca
Reviewed 24 July 2009

We booked the last two days of our vacation in this hotel because it was AAA rated, a good deal, and we just wanted to see the Aquarium on our way home from Northern Cal. I sure wish I saw some of the reviews on this page before I booked through AAA. We paid for two nights but only made it through one. We had our one year old with us and there was no way we were putting up with another sleepless night. The bed was so bad, my husband slept in the chair for most of the night. If that was not bad enough, the room was so dank and dark (the hallway makes them seem like they are in a cave) you had to leave the back door open to vent the room of the smell. Even the toilet sucked! it was crooked! Cant they even fix that? After the first night we contemplated staying, but the thought of that bed one more night... sent us screaching out the parking lot. I have stayed in many Best Westerns (stayed in one the night before in Napa) before but this one takes the cake. When we told the manager we were leaving he said... "well ya already paid".. Thanks buddy for the hodpitality... but I would rather sleep in a cardboard box.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
Brisbane
Reviewed 9 July 2009

Rooms are small and smell. The room freshener provided couldn't quite cope. Pool is supposed to be heated, but was clearly not heated. We booked a deal via Expedia which included free internet, but when we arrived our room didn't have internet. The hotel wasn't too busy so that we were able to have our room changed to one which has wired internet. The breakfast was very basic and staff not very helpful. It is priced like 3 star hotel, but only offers 2 star facilities and service.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Sylmar, CA
Reviewed 4 May 2009

I booked this trip through Priceline. At the end of the booking process, it gives you important hotel check-in details and states "All rooms will accomodate 2 adults. Bed type requests (king, queen, 2 doubles) or other ie non-smoking or smoking should be requested through your confirmed hotel" which I did. When I called Magic Carpet, the lady at the desk told me that I am booked for 1 bedroom with 1 Queen bed. I told her that that would'nt work since I have 3 kids with me. I asked her if there were available 2 double beds and she said there was one room available for that night but she cannot make arrangements with me and instructed me to have Priceline talk to them. I had issues with Priceline but I guess I have to go to Priceline website to complain about them.

Anyway, since I anticipated being late, I called the hotel in advance and told them I was running late, I told them my name and the guy confirmed 2 double beds. We got there around 10:30 p.m., it was drizzling and my kids were tired. We didn't see other cars where we parked. The guy at the desk gave me a prepared invoice with the additional fee I had to pay for the "upgrade", I questioned him why it was too much and he said he was just told that I had to pay it, what can you do, I just wanted to rest after a long drive! It didn't feel right, I felt that I just got screwed! It didn't end there, we finally got in the room, it was right next to the pool which was nice, but when my kids used the toilet, the water was going up instead of going down, so he said he will transfer us to room 104, it was right next to the office and I asked if there was another room available, he said "no". My kids and I waited with our bags in front of room 104, but he couldn't open the door! So he said, we will get 103 (I thought he said there wasn't any 2 doubles available), hurray! he was able to open the door, guess what, the remote didn't work! Yes, the first night of nightmare finally ended there, but I guess they have been trained to lie so they could get the most from their visitors.

I told my sister who then told my cousins that we are visiting. My cousin Mike, he is really nice felt he had to do something about it because it wasn't right. He took my cousin Jeremy and nephew Tino to the hotel and asked to talk to the manager and they came back with a receipt showing that the additional charges were reversed.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Momof4Sylmar_CA
Los Angeles
Reviewed 4 September 2008

My family and I booked this room because of its proximity to CSUMB where my oldest daughter was going to school. After dropping her off we checked into our hotel room with our other two daughters. The room had a muggy smell to it. As we looked around the room, fleas attacked our youngest daughter. Horrified we left the room and addressed our concerns with the manager. He was apologetic saying that someone must have brought a pet in even though there is "No Pet" policy. He upgraded us to a second floor room with queen beds and a balcony. At least we were able to sleep through the night without fear of bug attacks. Obviously, we rose early, packed our bags, and proceeded to check out and continue our trip back home. I personally would not recommend this motel/hotel to any of my family or friends who would like to visit my daughter up north.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside
Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Hampton Inn Monterey
#8 of 55 in Monterey
Holiday Inn Express @ Monterey Bay
Best Western Plus Victorian Inn

Been to Magic Carpet Lodge? Share your experiences!