“The accommodations and staff were exceptional!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Seaside
Marysville, California, United States
“The accommodations and staff were exceptional!”
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We LOVED this hotel! We went during the off-season, so we got a great price. Our experience was outstanding. Our children loved the coy fish and the turtles in the pond area, and when my daughter dropped her doll's little shoe in the water, the staff was quick to help us retrieve it. We hope to stay here again any time we are in Monterey!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Arabic first
Ft. Worth, TX
Reviewed 8 March 2013

We stay in Embassy quite a bit ("E hotels" my son calls them) so we've seen what's standard and what's unusual. This one is built like and operates like a standard Embassy. Check in was difficult as our room was ready and my parents' was not, but we worked around it. The bay view was nice... not sure if I would pay extra for it. Maybe if we hadn't already been traveling for a few days and I had seen the ocean several days running, I might pay the extra for it. There are two busy streets just below the hotel so it's not a quiet, contemplative view from your balcony suitable for waxing poetic. The parents had a larger suite which would be perfect for families of 4+ and children running around. Our one room suite was just fine for 2 adults and 1 child. I would shoot for floor 7 or higher.

The rooms were clean, beds were comfortable, bathroom was in good working order. Lots of vanity space which was great. The self-serve laundry was really helpful. 12th floor, bring about $5 in quarters and get a load of laundry done in around 2 hours. Breakfast was good... the oatmeal was edible! This is a feat! Coffee was good. Eggs weren't too watery... another feat!

Convenient to local chain stores and Chili's within 3 minutes walking distance. Convenient to major highways and the Monterey things to do. It was a good overnight stay. We stayed using mileage... go for the discounts of advance stay or AAA or senior to get your best value.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Paul A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside, responded to this review, 11 March 2013
Dear Embassy Suites guest,

We apologize for noise from the busy streets and the room that was not ready when you checked in. Please know that we do try our best to clean the rooms as quickly as possible. We are thrilled that your family enjoyed our clean, comfortable accommodations, the breakfast and our location. We thank you for your review and we can't wait to welcome you back to the Embassy Suites Monterey Bay.

Reno, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I found the elevators dirty. When we where there they booked some kind of camp. Very loud with teenagers running all over the place. The elevators need to be wiped down. I had back to back reservations and the front desk assistant manager who was not very friendly. Would not let me keep my luggage in my room until my room other room was ready. So I had to put my luggage back in my car. The free breakfast was the best and the staff at the breakfast was nice and helpful. The front desk I found rude and unfriendly. It is close to the beach.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judy T
Dear Embassy Suites guest,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the lack of attention to details with the cleanliness of the elevators. We also want to apologize for the teenagers running around and the unfriendly assistant front desk manager. Please be assured that we have addressed these issues and will be taken into serious consideration. We are always in search of ways to enhance our guests' experiences, and you have certainly provided some opportunities to do so. We thank you for your feedback and we hope you will give us another chance to change your mind about our hotel by staying with us again in the future.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Expensive, but worth it. Beautiful lobby with stream running throughout and koi and turtles everywhere. The breakfast / happy hour eating area overlooked the streams.. Great location. Friendly, professional staff. Great breakfast. Pool could be warmer, but it was adequate. Great place to hold meetings. Evening reception food was tortilla chips, animal crackers and popcorn, but free drinks included well drinks. You can walk to the beach from here, although it is a noisy walk through a tunnel under the freeway. At night you can hear the waves from your room. This hotel has the best hotel gift shop I've ever seen. They even had swimsuits and goggles.

Room Tip: We enjoyed having a balcony although it is very noisy from freeway at times.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear Embassy Suites guest,

We are glad that you had a great stay with us and that you enjoyed the breakfast, happy hour, the amenities in the atrium and our location. We will certainly share with the staff that they were friendly and professional. Despite of the chilly pool, which has been addressed, we thank you for sharing your review and look forward to your next visit in Monterey.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 1 March 2013

One of the best things about ES is the great breakfasts The chefs here were quick and fast. We even saw Management helping out during happy hour and breakfast. The problem is the conditions of the rooms. Our bathroom needed a thorough cleaning. We were in a handicap room, but one of us still managed to fall and split her head open. No slip guard on floor or tub...was surprided we were expected to step over a tub rim. Our visit to emergency room was exceptional. Everyone was very nice and professional. I felt the staff was lacking in their concern for my sister and a little more worried about a law suite than seeing she got immediate attention. I took 2 phone call before manager came to room. he showed up with a plastic shopping bag full of ice and some advil he said was chargable to room. He did help us call emergency personel. In his defence I understand hotel policy but wish he could have been a little more concerned.
Back to room. Wasn't clean, dirty bathroom and walls, and it was hard to get glasses and cups restocked daily. Location is great. Near Starbucks, Mcdonalds, Walgreens and grocery store.

2 Thank WendyATL
Paul A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
Dear Embassy Suites,

Thank you for your time in providing us with valuable feedback regarding your stay with us. We would like to offer our sincere apologies for the condition of the suite and the inconvenience you encountered from the slip and fall experienced by your Sister during your visit to Monterey. It is of upmost focus and concern that our guests are comfortable and safe while staying with us. We want you to know that your concerns are our concerns. Please be assured that we will strive to assure all safety opportunities will be addressed from the feedback you have given us.

Thank you again for making the effort to share your thoughts. We are pleased to know that the Paramedics who were contacted by hotel management did provide care to your Sister.

We value you as a guest, and do hope you will accept our apology and give us another opportunity should your travels return you to the Monterey Peninsula.

Turlock, California
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I was very impressed at the facility and everything it had to offer. The only thing I can think of that might be a change, was that the business area didn't have a copy machine. However, I just need one copy of something and the hotel staff was very happy to take care of my request, with a smile! If I ever come back to Monterey, I will for sure stay at Embassy Suites and have told family, friends and co-workers about how nice the facility is.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were nice, but ocean view is best ;)
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
Paul A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside, responded to this review, 1 March 2013
Dear Embassy Suites guest, we are very pleased that you were impressed with the facility and everything we had to offer. We are glad that you were treated with a smile with your business center needs. We thank you for your review and your recommendations. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Monterey

Roseville, California
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I have never written a poor review. I figure people are human, they make mistakes. But, the stay at this hotel was very bad. The hotel is very nice looking, clean and modern. The staff was friendly at check-in and put me in a quiet suite on the 5th floor.

After check-in, I went to dinner with my work group that was there for a meeting the next morning. We got back late and I wanted to go to bed, I had to get up very early. I climb in bed and find the sheets are crusty. There’s some type of dried something on the sheets. I can only imagine what it could be. It was extremely gross, but I was too tired to call for a maid and I didn’t want to wait up. I tried to cover it with towels and sleep on top of the top sheet, but couldn’t. I was too disgusted.

I finally called the front desk at around 11:45pm. 5 minutes later a security guard shows up at my door and hands me a pile of sheets. I asked if there was a maid that could replace them and he said no, they’d all gone home.

So I take the sheets and start changing the bed myself. I find that he brought me 4 sheets, all fitted, bottom sheets. Why 4? Why all fitted? What am I going to do with 4 bottom sheets? I’m too tired to deal with this, so I rip off the old sheets. Put on a new bottom one, put on a second bottom one to use as a top sheet, then crawl into bed between the two new bottom sheets and wrestle with the elastic edging for the rest of the night.

Needless to say, I hardly slept. 5am comes and I climb in the shower. There’s a nice long black hair on the wall above the soap dish staring at me. It wasn’t mine. The shower drain doesn’t work, and after 5 minutes, I’m ankle deep in water. Yea, I won’t be coming back here.

I go down stairs to a buffet breakfast with watery scrambled eggs and bacon pieces that look like they were sliced up to resemble pastrami… weird. When I check out, I complain to the front desk about my experience and they apologize, but say there is nothing they can do since my employer had prepaid for the room.., so they offer me a $50 gift card for room service, or I could use it at the onsite restaurant. I end up giving the card away. I don’t plan on coming back. My employer said they would follow up and get a refund, great for them. I just request they don’t send me there again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank CBS_13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside
Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Hotel Abrego
#7 of 55 in Monterey
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,230 reviews
Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside? Share your experiences!