Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 19 November 2013

we had a great stay at this hotel. My kids enjoyed their indoor pool. Overall great weekend. We recommend this location to everybody who like to stay in Monterey. Little too pricy comparing to other hotels in the area , but they made a great impression and their indoor pool is worth it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Write a ReviewReviews (1,839)

Reviewed 19 November 2013

The Embassy Suites in Monterey/Seaside is a perfect location for a conference. The classic Embassy rooms are of course suites, which are clean and well appointed. Our room had sweeping views of the Monterey bay. The entire staff presented themselves in a professional helpful manner at all times. Special thanks to Scott & Gretchen for checking every detail for our conference, everything went perfectly. On an added note, I would recommend The Fish House, just a couple of blocks up the road. It is tiny, but it serves the freshest fish and has a great staff too.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed for a 3 day conference. Adequate in every way, but nothing special. For a conference, this place was just right. Free breakfast buffet... Free drinks during happy hour.... Wonderful ocean view....

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lee-and-Baby
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We had a wedding to go to on Sat. afternoon. We left the room at 8 am to have breakfast and sightsee in order to have room cleaned. Came back at 2:30, room hadn't been cleaned. I called down to ask for towels and I still had no towels 1/2 hour later. I had to use dirty towel from floor to take a shower with. When I complained housekeeping asked me why I didn't call to have my room cleaned? I told them that I'd never stayed in a Hotel that I had to ask to have my room cleaned.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cathy L
Paul A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Embassy Suites Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure cleanliness and comfort is our first priority. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guest experience and I will keep your review in mind as we look towards refresh options. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to the area.

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I went for a night to get away. We checked in with the politest and friendliest clerk. I wish I had gotten her name. The view form our room,1208, was stunning. If we go again we will definitely request the same room. The breakfast was so so but I'm being picky, I would have liked a wider range.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Paul A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

Dear Embassy Suites Guest, We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your one night getaway. We apologize that the breakfast did not have a wider range of selections. Your comments regarding breakfast has been shared with our Food and Beverage Manager and will be taken into consideration. We thank you for sharing your review of the Embassy Suites Monterey Bay and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Monterey area.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We chose an upper room with balcony on the ocean side. Nice view. A little highway noise but not a problem. Breakfast is exceptional. Cocktail hour is not. There's easy access to the cannery area and aquarium. We would return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Paul A, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Embassy Suites Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. We're glad that you enjoyed our accommodations and our location. We do apologize that you did not enjoy the Evening Reception. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

The hotel itself is dated and in need of a refresh. The staff were very pleasant.
We're Hilton Honors members, and we chose Hilton as we know we can usually expect a certain standard in their hotel rooms. Sometimes we pay a little more, but we're ok with it when the rooms live up to the expectations.
Unfortunately this property was a dud. Enough so that I sent a message to Hilton's customer service center.
Our room had frayed carpet, broken chairs, a broken doorknob, and a tired bathroom. It was very disappointing.
Breakfast was typical for ES, as was the manager's reception.
Next time we head down to Monterey, we'll beak loose from the Hilton chain and either spend the money on what we know will be nice, or we'll go cheaper and then feel like we get what we paid for. I wouldn't recommend staying here. Not at the rates they're charging.....

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank WaOz1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside
Hampton Inn Monterey
Hilton Garden Inn Monterey
Monterey Marriott
Monterey Marriott
#15 of 56 in Monterey

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside

Address: 1441 Canyon Del Rey Blvd, Seaside, CA 93955-4729
Region: United States > California > Monterey County > Seaside
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Seaside
Price Range: £127 - £276 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside 3.5*
Scenically located just two blocks from the beachfront in stunning Seaside, California, this Embassy Suites Monterey Bay – Seaside hotel offers spectacular bay views as well as fine accommodation options. Choose from an array of attractions on the doorstop of this stunning hotel; from hiking and butterfly watching to kayaking or surfing, you need never have a dull moment when you join us in Monterey Bay. Guests of this Monterey Bay - Seaside hotel choose from 225 stylish hotel suites, each offering a range of modern amenities such as high-speed wireless internet access, two remote control televisions and a wet bar. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Seaside