“Memorial day weekend trip!! success!!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

We ended up booking the two bedroom suite with full ocean view..!! it was amazing on the 17th floor.. it was about 370$ a night on memorial day weekend... its pretty standard to pay that much... I was impressed with the breakfast they actually had cooks making fresh food... omelets, any kind of egg and buffet style breakfast...!! Plus free drinks happy hour 5pm-7pm... The rooms kinda need some upgrades and the color looked like 80's time... Overall great hotel and i recommend it to families..

Stayed: May 2013
Kent B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Mr. Aldrich,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! We are thrilled to hear that your overall hotel experience was excellent and that our staff was accommodating and helpful throughout your stay. We appreciate hearing your feedback and are delighted that your suite was clean and comfortable. Thanks again for sharing your comments with us, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I've written a review here before, but they have made a few changes since my lasy visit.

Now they charge $10 a night for parking, a little dilly given that it isn't gated nor in a parking structure. If I pay for parking, I would hope I get some security then. My guess for this is they must have parking poachers so they are more strictly monitoring this.

Again, their water really needs work. My water was lukewarm and very minimal power. This has happened to me on my last couple of visits here so I'm starting to accept that this is must the way this property operates. It did suck that is freezing cold and I couldn't have a hot shower.

One plus was that I was eligible to receive free snacks and beverages delivered to my room and there was no limit. I believe it was because I'm a Hilton Honors member, but I don't recall.

The free breakfast area has a really sweet and diligent Asian lady who always takes care of the guests. I always make sure I tip her because she works much harder than the other wait staff.

Close to Monterey And about 15 minutes away from Carmel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Halo8,

Thank you for your feedback. I’m disappointed to hear that you had poor experience with the water in your suite. Our goal is to provide each of our guests with a well-appointed and comfortable room along with quality amenities and service. This is certainly not indicative of the service we strive to provide and I’m truly sorry it had a negative impact on your stay with us. We have made several major capital improvements to our water mechanical systems and expect no future issues. We appreciate your feedback about our Breakfast Servers and we will definitely recognize her for her for the excellent service she provided. Your review has been shared with all Associates and action steps will continue to be taken to improve our guest services and room conditions.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

The location is so convenient to the Acquarium. The ambiance of the hotel set-up, the reception desk and the dining room are heart-warming. The staffs were polite, make us feel at home and welcome.I will definitely be staying to your hotel. I am looking forward to my stay in Burlingame this August. I am sure I will enjoy it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Juliet M.,

We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with us. We are thrilled you received excellent service throughout your stay. At Embassy Suites we strive to have consistent, great service and we are glad that you noticed. Thank you again for your comments, we cannot wait to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I can only rate this Hilton property as average. Even Silver HH members pay for wireless service. There were constant problems with one of the 3 elevators so waits were long. There were 4 in our party so we had 2 suites. In one, on the 12 the floor water pressure was poor, the water even stopped flowing twice while someone was showering. Hot water was not always available either. In my room we could not connect to the wireless. When we inquired we learned that the service did not recognize our room number. Apparently our room had a different number for wireless than the number on our door. On a positive note, the hotel was clean and ALL staff were friendly and helpful. In fact, that is what earns the hotel my "average" rating.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Bill F.,

Thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to provide each of our guests with a well-appointed and comfortable room along with quality amenities and service. We are disappointed to hear that you had a poor experience with water issues during your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies. We have made several major changes to the water mechanical system for the hotel to insure only positive experiences in the future. I have shared your comments with our staff and appreciate your kind words about the hospitality service we are proud to deliver.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Overall it was a nice place to stay, alittle pricey though. Very close to everything and a beautiful view of the ocean, if you opt to pay alittle more for the bay view. Otherwise, no ocean view for you!! Most of the staff was helpful and friendly with the exception of one lady. She made me feel alittle interegated over a charge that was billed to my account incorrectly. In the end it was reversed, but the process getting there was long and frustrating.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tia F.,

Thank you for your feedback. I’m disappointed to hear that you had a isolated poor experience regarding a billing issue. Your feedback has been reviewed with our Guest Service Manager for follow up. Our goal is to provide each of our guests with a well-appointed and comfortable room along with quality amenities and service. This is certainly not indicative of the service we strive to provide and I’m truly sorry if it had a negative impact on your stay with us. I’m pleased to hear it was resolved. We do look forward to being of service to you on your next visit to the beautiful Monterey Peninsula.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Nice property near shopping and the beach. A typical Embassy stay. Close by to shopping at box stores and grocery stores. 10 minutes from the Monterey airport and downtown and marina area with all the great food options from the California coastal area. Abundant free parking lot was a nice touch.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Texas Sky Pilot,

Wow! Thank you very much for the nice comments about our hotel and the great location we have. It is a pleasure to see that one of our guests received excellent service and accommodations. Our team strives to deliver upon the Hilton Brand Promise, which is to ensure that every guest is cared for, valued, and respected. We hope that you will return and stay with us again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We were attending a group event over the weekend of March 28th through March 30th. Our suite and adjoining room was not ready until nearly 4:00PM for check-in. When we got to our room, we heard a noise coming from the AC unit. After waiting over 4 hours to get someone to address this issue, we were told it could not be fixed over the weekend. We did get a discount of one nights stay but without any AC or fan, we had to open the window to get any comfort. That was not possible on Saturday due to the heavy rains so the room was very stuffy. The other issue was with the elevators. One of the three elevators were not working at all the whole weekend. This happened last year too! The single elevator near the restaurant was having problems periodically with not being able to descend to all of the floors (it was stuck on the 5th floor a few times for about 3 minutes). We also had an issue that someone's previous morning wake-up call had not been cleared from our room. So at 6:00AM on both Saturday and Sunday morning, we received a wake up call that we did not request. We also had a local business post ads on our cars parked over the weekend. Unfortunately, with the rain, the notices were plastered to the windshield. It took 30-40 minutes to clean off the paper that was stuck to the windshield.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Laurence Y
Kent B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Laurence Y.,

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointed to hear that you had poor experience at Embassy Suites. Our goal is to provide each of our guests with a well-appointed and comfortable room along with quality amenities and service. This is certainly not indicative of the service we strive to provide and I’m truly sorry it had a negative impact on your stay with us. The elevator issues have been resolved and our levels of Engineering service have been shared with our Leadership Committee and action steps have been taken to improve guest room comfort. Please contact me personally when your travel plans bring you back to Monterey to we can show you the levels of hospitality we are known for.

Kent Berman
Assistant General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside
Monterey Tides, a Joie de Vivre hotel
Hampton Inn Monterey
Hampton Inn Monterey
#8 of 56 in Monterey
InterContinental The Clement Monterey
Holiday Inn Express @ Monterey Bay
Hilton Garden Inn Monterey
Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside? Share your experiences!