Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Best to stay at when in Monterey. Close to many activities and venues in the Monterey area. Clean and helpful staff. Fantastic breakfast. You can't beat this facility. And trying to say how good it is with 200 characters is crazy.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gene V
Kent B, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Dear Gene V.,

Thank you very much for the perfect score card! Our team appreciates you. The Hilton Brand Promise is to ensure that every guest is cared for, valued, and respected. It appears that our team delivered upon this promise. We look forward to your return.

Warm Regards,

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,839)

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here two nights on Hilton Honors points while visiting Cal State Monterey Bay. The room was clean, staff was pleasant and attentive, and breakfast -- as always -- was delicious. The margarita at the manager's reception was hand-mixed and on par with any restaurant margarita. Had a minor problem with our room which was quickly and efficiently resolved thanks to the attention of one of the managers. In exchange for the inconvenience, our parking fees were comp'd. It's time for corporate to invest some money in cosmetic updates, though-- especially in the common areas. We were on the seventh floor and had no problems with water pressure or hot water and our Internet and TV worked fine. Room 710 had an ocean view. We would definitely stay here again especially if we didn't want to spring big bucks for a hotel in Cannery Row or Carmel.

Stayed: April 2014

Dear Carrie J.,

It is always a pleasure to hear from our recent guests. Thank you for submitting this important feedback! I assure you that we will share your comments about providing the exceptional service that Hilton is known for. We are glad we were able to quickly and efficiently correct the issue that came up. We hope that your travels will bring you back to our hotel again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

We ended up booking the two bedroom suite with full ocean view..!! it was amazing on the 17th floor.. it was about 370$ a night on memorial day weekend... its pretty standard to pay that much... I was impressed with the breakfast they actually had cooks making fresh food... omelets, any kind of egg and buffet style breakfast...!! Plus free drinks happy hour 5pm-7pm... The rooms kinda need some upgrades and the color looked like 80's time... Overall great hotel and i recommend it to families..

Stayed: May 2013

Dear Mr. Aldrich,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us! We are thrilled to hear that your overall hotel experience was excellent and that our staff was accommodating and helpful throughout your stay. We appreciate hearing your feedback and are delighted that your suite was clean and comfortable. Thanks again for sharing your comments with us, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

I've written a review here before, but they have made a few changes since my lasy visit.

Now they charge $10 a night for parking, a little dilly given that it isn't gated nor in a parking structure. If I pay for parking, I would hope I get some security then. My guess for this is they must have parking poachers so they are more strictly monitoring this.

Again, their water really needs work. My water was lukewarm and very minimal power. This has happened to me on my last couple of visits here so I'm starting to accept that this is must the way this property operates. It did suck that is freezing cold and I couldn't have a hot shower.

One plus was that I was eligible to receive free snacks and beverages delivered to my room and there was no limit. I believe it was because I'm a Hilton Honors member, but I don't recall.

The free breakfast area has a really sweet and diligent Asian lady who always takes care of the guests. I always make sure I tip her because she works much harder than the other wait staff.

Close to Monterey And about 15 minutes away from Carmel.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Halo8,

Thank you for your feedback. I’m disappointed to hear that you had poor experience with the water in your suite. Our goal is to provide each of our guests with a well-appointed and comfortable room along with quality amenities and service. This is certainly not indicative of the service we strive to provide and I’m truly sorry it had a negative impact on your stay with us. We have made several major capital improvements to our water mechanical systems and expect no future issues. We appreciate your feedback about our Breakfast Servers and we will definitely recognize her for her for the excellent service she provided. Your review has been shared with all Associates and action steps will continue to be taken to improve our guest services and room conditions.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

The location is so convenient to the Acquarium. The ambiance of the hotel set-up, the reception desk and the dining room are heart-warming. The staffs were polite, make us feel at home and welcome.I will definitely be staying to your hotel. I am looking forward to my stay in Burlingame this August. I am sure I will enjoy it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Juliet M.,

We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with us. We are thrilled you received excellent service throughout your stay. At Embassy Suites we strive to have consistent, great service and we are glad that you noticed. Thank you again for your comments, we cannot wait to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I can only rate this Hilton property as average. Even Silver HH members pay for wireless service. There were constant problems with one of the 3 elevators so waits were long. There were 4 in our party so we had 2 suites. In one, on the 12 the floor water pressure was poor, the water even stopped flowing twice while someone was showering. Hot water was not always available either. In my room we could not connect to the wireless. When we inquired we learned that the service did not recognize our room number. Apparently our room had a different number for wireless than the number on our door. On a positive note, the hotel was clean and ALL staff were friendly and helpful. In fact, that is what earns the hotel my "average" rating.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Bill F.,

Thank you for your feedback. Our goal is to provide each of our guests with a well-appointed and comfortable room along with quality amenities and service. We are disappointed to hear that you had a poor experience with water issues during your recent stay at our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies. We have made several major changes to the water mechanical system for the hotel to insure only positive experiences in the future. I have shared your comments with our staff and appreciate your kind words about the hospitality service we are proud to deliver.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

Overall it was a nice place to stay, alittle pricey though. Very close to everything and a beautiful view of the ocean, if you opt to pay alittle more for the bay view. Otherwise, no ocean view for you!! Most of the staff was helpful and friendly with the exception of one lady. She made me feel alittle interegated over a charge that was billed to my account incorrectly. In the end it was reversed, but the process getting there was long and frustrating.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tia F.,

Thank you for your feedback. I’m disappointed to hear that you had a isolated poor experience regarding a billing issue. Your feedback has been reviewed with our Guest Service Manager for follow up. Our goal is to provide each of our guests with a well-appointed and comfortable room along with quality amenities and service. This is certainly not indicative of the service we strive to provide and I’m truly sorry if it had a negative impact on your stay with us. I’m pleased to hear it was resolved. We do look forward to being of service to you on your next visit to the beautiful Monterey Peninsula.

Warm regards,

Assistant General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside
Hampton Inn Monterey
Hilton Garden Inn Monterey
Monterey Marriott
Monterey Marriott
#15 of 56 in Monterey

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside? Share your experiences!