“Great family hotel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Seaside
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Rooms are neat and clean. The complimentary breakfast was above average and exceeded our expectations. Didn't get a chance to use the pool or fitness facility, but walked through and they both looked very nice and well kept. Hotel staff was very helpful and welcoming. Would definitely recommend it to a friend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Reviewed 30 June 2014

A nice size suite with a wonderful view of the water. The decor was a bit tired. Breakfast was a bit like feeding time at the zoo, but there was a reasonable selection of items to suit most tastes. A good location with easy walking access to the beach.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Claire M
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We booked a double bed room for 3 nights and were given a confirmation email and reference number. To be sure, we emailed and called twice prior to our trip to confirm our booking and we were assured that they have reserved it accordingly. Surprisingly, when we arrived, the counter staff told us that they have given us a room with 1 King size bed and 1 pull out bed instead. And we were told that they are overbooked and if we are unhappy with their arrangement, we should look for other accommodation. We were appalled with their irresponsible reply. We then have to make do with a King size bed and pull out bed on the first night, with them promising that we will have double bed room on the 2nd day. On the 2nd day morning, the staff plainly told us that in their system, it is recorded that we booked room with a King’s size bed. They have deleted our initial booking and have no tracking of their prior agreement of the change of room. We then have to show our printout as proof and then sacrificed another half of day to explain the problem, before getting a room which with double bed. It was a bad experience. Poor coordination, poor service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank EnjoyTour
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel was O.K. Everything was tired looking. The indoor pool was cold. The free breakfast was uninspired and had very little taste. The staff was friendly. Free drinks in the evening and snacks were nice

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Jill D
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I spent two nights at this Embassy Suite and loved most everything about it, except charging for room internet access (I refuse). I believe it is free in the lobby, but not in your room. Other than that, our stay was great.

Our suite was very clean, comfortable and spacious with a separate bedroom, living room, bathroom and kitchen area. We enjoyed their free happy hour (drinks and snacks) each evening from 5:30 to 7:30. One night we ate at the hotel restaurant and both were pleased with our selections. The breakfast buffet in the morning was quite good and they did actually have some low sugar, low fat/carb selections.

The location is excellent; close to the Wharf and beach. I would not hesitate to recommend this to other travelers.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed here 4 nights during an event weekend. We paid top dollar (reservations made 5 months in advance, so this was no last minute rate hike) and unfortunately that gets reflected in the way I do my ratings. Based on the price we paid, we had an average and acceptable stay. Had the rate been more reasonable, the rating would have been higher.

We used Hilton points to upgrade our paid room and had a room facing the ocean with a balcony. The room was clean, lots of room for the gear we brought with us, and we had a good nights sleep. I also appreciated having a small fridge in the room - very helpful.

The managers reception was adequate, but I been to ones much nicer. However, it was free so I'm complaining. All 4 nights there was popcorn, chips and salsa, potato chips with dip and a cracker/nut snack mix. Can't comment on the cocktail options as I don't drink, but soda was also available.

The first night (mid week) we were there, one of the elevators was out of service (which appears to be very common based on other reviews) and I thought to myself this was going to get very old, very quickly. I knew the hotel was booked for the weekend. Thankfully by the time Friday came around the elevator was in service. Our room was also in the back of the hotel and that one elevator in the back does not seem to get as much traffic as the ones in the front. So all in all, elevator service was not an issue.

Like others have mentioned, paying to park in area like this did not earn this hotel any extra marks. In the middle of a city I expect to pay for parking. In downtown Monterey I understand parking is at a premium. But not here in Seaside. And I doubt very much they get many visitors who fly in and don't have a car. So why not just include it in the rate and stop making your customers frustrated?

Would I stay here again? Depends on the rate. During a non busy time when the rate was appropriate for the value received- I would definitely book again. When they are squeezing every dollar they can get out of customers, I'll look elsewhere first.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014

When you first walk in you feel welcome. Was with a large group & I stayed 5 nights. The front desk was helpful & made check in quick. I found my room to be very clean, with a nice comfortable bed. The room was made up early each day. The made to order breakfast with very good hotel coffee, was a nice way to start the day. The evening reception lite snacks & drinks was a nice way to meet up with friends and catch up on the day, before going to dinner.
Thanks to the staff for helping to make it a fun week.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor facing south they have nice views.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seaside
Hampton Inn Monterey
Hilton Garden Inn Monterey
Sand Castle Inn
Sand Castle Inn
#1 of 13 in Seaside

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel Monterey Bay - Seaside? Share your experiences!