The hotel itself is nice. The rooms are decent and the property is kept clean. But the hotel management is unorganized and caused several headaches, some of which I am still trying to resolve.
When we checked in, we were given complimentary upgrades for both our rooms. They were in a semi-suite style, large and comfortable.
The next morning I received a call from the front desk saying that the person who checked us in the previous night didn’t realize we were staying for two additional nights and they needed one of the upgraded rooms. I understood. The first night was on separate reservation because of last minute travel plans that allowed us to arrive a day early. I agreed to move to a smaller room. They told us we could definitely keep the one complimentary upgraded room. The person who called, thank me profusely and said I had just saved him several headaches. At the time I was happy to do it. I just didn't realize his potential problems became mine that have continued to persist.
We were going to be gone for the afternoon of my room switch and we made it very clear we did not want them moving any of our luggage. We told them we would leave my bags in my son's room (the one that was not being changed.) Needless to say, housekeeping moved all our luggage to the other room including some of my son's items that were not packed. My son returned to his room to find all his possessions gone. Until they were located in my new room, he was quite worried.
There was a huge disconnect between housekeeping and the front desk. The front desk knew we had two rooms, the key for the original upgraded room still worked. However, housekeeping walked in on my son while he took a late afternoon nap. When he told them we still had the room, the housekeeper said he was not suppose to be there and that he needed to leave. Finally, my son convinced her to speak with the front desk and she said she would be back. She didn't return. The front desk clerk was apologetic every time something went wrong but after several issues it didn't seem enough. The manager never came out to talk with us. When we checked out, I was astounded that not only were we charged the full price for the upgraded room but we were charged the current rate for the room I had moved to. They did NOT honor my reservation rate. When I mentioned this to the front desk clerks, they were very reluctant to adjust the price. She said she took care of it, but when I checked with Marriott to confirm this we were still charged incorrectly. I'm still in the process of trying to get this fixed. I am a loyal Marriott customer, but I will not be returning to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Sebastopol gives the traveler a glimpse of the quieter, more bucolic and tranquil beauty of West Sonoma County. Set in Sebastopol's agriculturally rich environment, guests at the 82-room, three diamond AAA rated property are close to everything - spectacular Pacific coast beaches, redwood groves, all manner of recreational pursuits and the famed Russian River Valley wineries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Rosa Sebastopol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites Santa Rosa Sebastopol Hotel Sebastopol
- Fairfield Inn And Suites Santa Rosa Sebastopol
- Fairfield Inn Sebastopol
- Holiday Inn Sebastopol
- Sebastopol Fairfield Inn
- Sebastopol Holiday Inn