I stayed here one night during a big California road trip. I was traveling from Los Angeles to Yosemite and spent the night here, checking in pretty late. I was nicely accommodated by the staff there and found the room a good value for the money. It was clean, had a nice bathroom, the internet was decent, and I had a very comfortable sleep. I highly recommend the place if you're looking for something quiet. It's weird, I know there must have been other guests but I felt like I was the only one there. This is a bit south of Fresno and in a very picturesque, classic California location. I almost felt like I was in a John Steinbeck book. You get a discount for breakfast, which was held in a lovely restaurant. The food I had was quite good, as well; better than your average hotel breakfast.
Now, on to the billing error. This place supposedly has automatic checkout. According to the instructions, you leave the room keys in an envelope and then leave it in the room. Then, you're free to go. So, that's what I did. When I got home I found that they billed me for a second night. When i called the hotel, they said that they assumed I wanted to stay a second night because I had not checked out by the front desk. Why on earth would they think this? The room was empty! I couldn't even get a refund through the hotel and had to do a chargeback through my credit card. In conclusion, either perfect this automatic checkout system or don't have it at all.
That being said, I would definitely stay again if I'm in the area. I will just check out through the main desk.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The award winning Holiday Inn Swan Court is located just 12 miles south of Fresno and 22 miles north of Visalia and just 17 miles from Hanford located on Highway 99. The Holiday Inn Swan Court is a non-smoking hotel that offers free wireless Internet, a private business center for Internet access and printing. Large gym featuring a universal weight system, treadmill and several cardio units. Breakfast for up to two guests is included in your rate free Starbucks coffee served in our lobby daily and chocolate chip cookies. Priority Club members are given additional; amenities. Our rooms have been newly renovated and feature 27 inch televisions with movies and games on command, refrigerator, microwave and Starbucks coffee. We provide complimentary fresh baked cookies in our lobby daily along with Starbucks coffee and freshly baked scones. Adjacent to our property is the Spike N Rail Restaurant featuring American cuisine. Our banquet facility seats up to 350 guests. In the front of the restaurant is our Starbucks coffee counter and bakery featuring fresh baked pastries daily. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Selma-Swan Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Selma-Swan Court Hotel Selma
- Selma Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Selma-Swan Court California