“Homey, friendly and fantastic food”
Review of Joe's Giant Orange

Joe's Giant Orange
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Shasta Lake
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 11 June 2013

The "orange shaped" part of the building has a longtime role in local history; however, the memorable part of your visit will be the food. It is fresh, hot and never disappoints me. Pretty fast service, too considering how packed they are. Good turnover of food, ensuring freshness. Great servers. Favorite of locals.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

My husband offered to take me for breakfast, and we on our way up I-5 from Anderson to this "special spot", about 12 miles to our north. It's not much to look at from the outside, but inside was cozy and full of local patrons. The lone waitress was very friendly, with a big smile and pleasant manner. She escorted us promptly to our seats and came quickly with our menus and hot coffee. We decided to share a dish of Chili Verde and eggs. It came with corn and flour tortillas (or just one or the other), with your choice of hashed browns, country potatoes or rice and refried beans. We opted for the spanish rice, although I'm sure the potatoes would have been nice as well. It was so wonderful! The large chunks of tender pork melted in your mouth and the tortillas looked and tasted homemade. The meal was hot and very fresh. Even though my husband is a big guy, at six four and 175 lbs., the dish was enough for the both of us to slit and be satisfied. Good food, nice cozy atmosphere and friendly waitress as well as good prices-it's a find!

1  Thank 1horseshay
Reviewed 8 June 2012 via mobile

I adore the chili verde here! It will be hard to find one that I will like as well! The service was very friendly and helpful. We will be making this a stop on many more trips down the I5

1  Thank AlmitraGP
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Nice people, great food. Looks like a dive outside but is very clean inside. Great for breakfast and has some excellent authentic Mexican dishes for lunch as well as good American food. Don't shy away by the looks from the parking lot. This place will suprise you. The portions are large so be sure to be hungry.

1  Thank Image T
Reviewed 29 April 2012

There food has been consistenly good and the prices are reasonable.

1  Thank ckj80