“Not what we expected” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shasta Lake
Shasta Lake, California
“Not what we expected”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

This motel is very run down and right by the highway. The staff were not very helpful. We visited the dam earlier in the afternoon but we're told we could not cancel so decided not to move on and lose 60 bucks. It is a cheap lace too stay but not a place I'd recommend !!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tricia P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I thought this place picked out by another was going to be creepy and gross and ick but it turned out not at all. note nothing is new or fancy but its clean and comfortable. and we would do it again. room has nice view of meadow like areas, a mini kitchenette, cute bathroom tucked away at the far end of the room.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Rachelle H
STEVENSON
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

this motel was overpriced, I came here in the heat of the summer and the a/c made a lot of noise but did not work, in ~ 100 degrees fahrenheit that made it impossible to rest; other than that the rooms are nice and it might be an OK place for the winter! bathroom was shaggy!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank vovhund

Travellers are raving about these Shasta Lake hotels

Sacramento, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

let me start by saying the husband n wife were really nice people they run n maintain the motel the place is old if your single with no kids and if you need just a place to sleep you'll be ok the rooms are very outdated like 70's not to clean but decent I would not stay there again I guess you get what you pay for the beds were comfortable no iron blow dryer in the room tv is not a flat screen

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank leyba t
France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2010

Well we decided to have a trip to Mt. Shasta and traveling from LA was quite too long for us. So we found this hotel located near the highway and when we asked the owner price for a room with 2 beds, it was only 50 bucks!! Well we took the room and let me tell you it was amazing for the prices.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SuperBoy123
Reno
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2009

Let's start out by saying it reminded my family of the movie Vacancy. The Owner was rude. The rooms were old and dirty. The bathroom had mold and the shower floor sunk about an inch when you stepped on it. Also there was a dead bolt on the door which my key did not work on. So at night someone could use a key to get into the room. And if I left someone could lock me out of my room. Very scary and creepy.

Then when my wife went to get more towels and pillows the lady said that we had to pay for them because we got a good rate on the room.

So I packed up my family and our belongings. Went to the front desk and asked for my money back. She said that I had to pay for one night. Because there were other people that wanted the room. Mind you there was no one there the whole weekend. So I paid for one night and went to MOTEL 6 where it was clean, safe and cheaper.

NEVER GO TO THIS PLACE.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
7 Thank BrnPineaple
Redwood City
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2009

Friendly, helpful staff.

Clean room (new carpet) but everything definitely is worn.

Bathroom is cleanish, but the towel rack was broken

The curtains were not exactly 'operational' but they kept the light out.

Be careful when you walk around the bed, there are two support bars that stick out several inches on each side.

Bring ear plugs, not because the motel is very close to the highway, but because the newish heating system blows loudly right over the bed. We could turn the thermostat down at night, but it would still come on during the night to cirulate the air. The fan is in the duct right by the vent and is loud.

For $55 a night, I can't complain, you get what you pay for. I'd stay there again, but only if I was passing through. If I were to stay several nights, I'd pay more for a better room in nearby Redding.

• Liked — friendly staf
  • Disliked — loud air conditioner (could not be turned off completely at night)
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
#27 of 36 in Redding
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#14 of 36 in Redding

Been to Shasta Dam Motel? Share your experiences!