Motel 6 Simi Valley
Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites(Simi Valley)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$130
US$121
US$149
US$133
ExtendedStay
Grand Vista Hotel(Simi Valley)
US$108
US$101
Agoda.com
Radisson Hotel Chatsworth(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$199
Radisson
Staybridge Suites Chatsworth(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$260
Staybridge.com
US$141
US$165
US$137
US$114
US$111
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 December 2008

We were given a corner room right next to a metal staircase. So every guest with luggage banged their way up the stairs at all hours of the day and night. We awoke to one particular guest throwing his luggage unto the top floor instead of usig the stairs! Our room faced the freeway, and you would think they would at least have used noise reducing windows on that side. We traveled 7 hours from Phoenix, so we tried to take a nap...WRONG! On Christmas Eve we awoke once more to the sound of a leaf blower and a lawn mower mowing through the rain-wet grass. As we drove in, there was a big sign advertising WIFI. Really, WIFI? At Motel 6? How many business-class guests really stay there for that? I think their compnay could at least put them up next door at the Holiday Inn if they needed that. What Motel 6 didn't provide was a simple alarm clock, a simple door sign that said clean room or do not disturb (our maid knocked on our door twice while we were tring to gain some much needed sleep), and an inside entrance light with a bulb out so we had to fumble through the dark upon arrival. Like in the other reviews, pay the extra money. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cody K, General Manager at Motel 6 Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

I do apologize for your less than pleasant stay. I am extremely happy to let you know that this property underwent a 100% renovation including management and staff. If you ever decide to give us another chance I would be more than happy to offer you a discount as well as free WIFI. Just ask for Cody!

Cody Kehoe
Motel 6 Simi Valley Ca

Reviewed 12 August 2008

This is just to offset some of the earlier comments. It is an "OK" facility for the price. Clean sheets, clean towels, great shower, good TV set. It is a place to spend the night, not a two week vacation. For the price, it works. No, it does not stack up well against a Hilton, but you are not paying $250 a night for a bed either. I've stayed in many Motel 6's (we put the Bibles in them), and I would say this is a middle of the road operation.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed 29 March 2008

Upon check in, all of my family was treated as thieves and dragged out of the car to show ID for each person. After check in, we went to the room to find that it smelled EXTREMELY BAD. The room reeked of cat pee. I went back to the office and requested a new room. He told us there was no rooms available so we went to another hotel, no rooms either. It was 12AM so we were forced to stay in the room overnight. We woke up at 6AM and left the room as soon as possible, canceling our reservation for the next night. We had reserved the room for 3 people and were disappointed to find only 2 towels. When asked for another towel, the man told us they had none, and offered me a floor mat. This was the most unpleasant experience ever. I will never be back.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank glooglish
Reviewed 13 June 2007

I, a frequent Motel 6 guest, will NEVER recommend this one to anyone. Grossly overcharging (72 bucks vs 44 bucks) for similar places. Double billed, and lacking assurance of refund.

On 5/29/2007 I called and made a one night reservation for 5/30/2007. At that time I offered my credit card to guarantee the reservation since I did not know exactly what time I would arrive.

When I arrived on 5/30/2007 and checked in I offered my credit card to pay for the room.

On 6/04/2007 I discovered that I had been billed from both presentations of my credit card, I called the motel, talked to Susan and was assured that 'after due investigation' I would be refunded the first charge.

On 6/13/2007, after seeing that no refund had happened, I once again called and Susan once again assured me that she had turned the problem over to 'Corp'.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank losfrailes
Reviewed 4 April 2007

This Motel 6 is in a convenient location, just off the freeway, and the surrounding environs seem harmless and unthreatening. So when I was looking for a cheap place to stay in the area one night, I didn't shop around, I just paid my money and got my room key.

Unfortunately, whatever riffraff there is in Simi Valley apparently hangs out at the Motel 6. And the walls are THIN. I was kept awake half the night by a couple fighting next door, complete with screams, sobs and door slams. OK, this is not the hotel's fault, but certainly they could have at least attempted to shut down the noise.

The beds were soft in that old, hollow-spring way, but overall the furnishings and fixtures were in working order and as expected a decent Motel 6.

There aren't many hotel options in Simi Valley, but if you're a budget traveler and can find a room elsewhere for a comparable price, you're probably better off staying somewhere else. They may leave the light on for you, but there is no guarantee that you'll be able to sleep through the night at this Motel 6.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled with family