“Unknown find”

Lost Canyons Golf Club
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I first went to brunch here on Mother's Day & the price was reasonable, staff attentive & friendly! The brunch offered a good variety! I just recently went back for lunch, to kinda check out the atmosphere for a graduation luncheon...this place is so reasonable I can not believe what we are getting! And the food is so good.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

I played their signature Sky Course yesterday. They have let this course go to pot because I've heard they are going to close it soon, redo it and make it private. The fairways are brown and hard as cement. They have stripped the course of all amenities, even trash cans and ball washers. It feels like it's closed already. It is worth maybe $10 to play this, but they still charge $50+. The only thing still great is the views. The other one, the Shadow course, is even worse. I've seen online specials for $5. That's about right. If you want a great course with great views, go to Tierra Rejada or Moorpark Country Club (public). Similar price, but those 2 are the best courses in the area.

2  Thank djodland
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Went last week and played the sky course. Cool set up but the fairways need a lot of work. Spent most of my time hitting of dirt. Living in florida any course out of state that has hills is cool to play. I really liked playing around the mountains and the 18th hoe is to cool. If they put some money into fixing it up a little i would defiantly go back.

1  Thank choz02
Reviewed 7 October 2013

When my wife and I lived in Southern California 8 years ago, Lost Canyons was one of our favorite places to play, and we had been playing there since the two (Sky and Shadow) courses opened. They were wonderful courses; challenging but fair, with incredible views, and both in excellent condition. Fast forward to October 2013, and, apart from the views, this is not the same facility. We played the Sky course (the more challenging of the two), and it was in absolutely terrible condition. The fairways were burned out with lots of dirt and weeds, They were extremely hard (firm), and with all the undulations (which were great when the course was in good shape) in the fairways made them virtually unplayable. The cart paths were so cracked in places that I was concerned about driving the cart on them. On the positive side, the greens were still in mostly good shape, and provide a good challenge to the golfer. Unfortunately, on the day we played, they had "punched" about 8-9 of the greens, but did not put sand in the holes, making those greens unputtable. That was a temporary, but inexcusable, situation, and didn't exactly add to the experience.

It is clear that the Sky course (we did not play the Shadow course) is in a serious state of disrepair due to a lack of maintenance (probably due to $$). In its current condition, I cannot recommend it. There are too many other good courses in the area that are in much better shape.

Given how much I have enjoyed Lost Canyons in the past, it pains me to write this review, but I want other golfers to know what they would be in for. Hopefully, the money will be put in to get these courses back to their former state. If, and when, that happens, Lost Canyons will once again be a fantastic place to play. At the moment, though, in my opinion, it is not worth the time or money to play there.

3  Thank Steve M
Reviewed 12 September 2013

it is a world class golf course and from the Tips is a monster- yes the wind blows and swirls. Almost all first time players underclub themselves every approach shot. Greens are tough and shot making is at a premium. If you are 10 index play from blues and only long hitters from the back - great driving and practice facility. Food is good also