“great stay”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Wisconsin
“great stay”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

out this way for business...
hotel location great for travelers, just off highway.
otherwise part of a strip mall with a large pet smart wall crowding the pool area.

very clean-
nice rooms.

allowed our group to check out quite late, which was very much appreciated.

had a bit of an issue checking in- booked through a hotels website, and only 1 of 3 reservations showed up in their system, but all was worked out.

if in the area, will stay again-
good value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Wendy M, General Manager at Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear TVDirector,
Thank you for taking time to review the Courtyard Simi Valley Hotel. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and our location. I was also glad your group was able to get a late check- out on your day of departure. We look forward to welcoming you back soon when you travel back into our area
Wendy McAfee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Spring Hill
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Our first visit to the Simi Valley area was a pleasant one, especially our stay at the Marriott. Our arrival was handled very efficiently and the staff was friendly and helpful. We arrived about 8:30 pm and staff informed us of the local restaurants available at that hour.
I had requested a roll away bed for our granddaughter (2 yrs old) and to our surprise we had two queen size beds and a pullout couch. Everyone had plenty of room and comfortable sleeping.
My only disappointment was the lack of extra towels that I had requested during my reservation process. A call to the front desk had a Housekeeper at our door in less than 5 minutes with extra towels, an apology and asking if there was anything else she could do for us.
The available eating establishments in the immediate area is good. The in-house Bistro is rather expensive and we chose to eat elsewhere.
Overall a very pleasant stay and good service. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: When you arrive in the area, the hotel sits in shopping center. Look for it, small sign. If you make...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DennisA1153
Wendy M, General Manager at Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Mr. DennisA1153,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your trip to Simi Valley. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our great location and even more so our associates. Our goal is to provide personalized unique experiences and it sounds like we were able to do so. Thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I've stayed here twice and like staying here. The surroundings are nice, the staff is very friendly and they even have a small work out room. I would give it a 5 if it weren't for hearing the doors of the other rooms close. They really should do something so the doors don't close so loudly. It also looked like they had patched the shower poorly. It wasn't leaking but whomever did the job did a poor job and it just didn't fit with the niceness of the rest of the hotel. There was also a tile spacer on the floor that was showing and needed to be caulked.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Ms. Toni M.,
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We take our guest satisfaction seriously and I will be sure to pass on your comments to our team as an opportunity to improve our hotel for you and all our future guests. Again thank you for your feedback; we hope that you will stay with us again next time you travel to Simi Valley.
Belton, Missouri
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This was our first time staying here. We visit Simi every year, and plan to stay here from now on! First of all, Alan at the front desk is the best! I wish all hotels had an Alan! He will go out of his way for you for whatever you need! And he is SO friendly! Hope he's still there next year when we visit!

The room was very nice and spacious. We are a family of 5, and we weren't falling all over each other in the room. It was also very clean.

The Bistro was nice. Great food and great service!

We loved the pool/spa area as well.

And for us, location is always everything. This was located just right for where we needed to be. Great prices as well!

I definitely give this hotel 5 stars!!

Can't wait to return!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jennifer P
Wendy M, General Manager at Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Ms. Jennifer P.
Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed our guest rooms and the Bistro Cafe. We are pleased to hear when you travel back to Simi Valley you will stay with us again.
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Our Four Seasons Tour group of 28 were booked into this Courtyard for two nights, April 3rd and 4th. Our rooms on the second floor were close to the ice and soda vending machines, and the hallway noise was quite terrific, but by 11 p.m., the hallways were quite. Not so on April 4th. Around midnight I heard a lot of yelling and door slamming. When I looked out I saw a drunken bride careening down the hall. I asked her to be quiet, and was informed, "This is a wedding. We can make as much noise as we want." Finally around 2 a.m. I went to the lobby to use the intenet. There the revelers had taken over every available space. They were singing, yelling and two were playing the guitar. Wedding guests who were not hotel guests then began to arrive in cars. Several took the elevator to the second floor to use the vending machines and began to roam up and down the corridor. I complained to the sleepy night clerk and got no response. Where was the security personel to protect the hotel guests? There were none. Finally, shortly after 3:30 a.m., the party came to a halt. This was great because we had to be up at 6 a.m.. The next morning we complained to the desk staff. They apologized, but could not do anything further. When I asked to speak with the manager, I was told she was off for the weekend. When our tour group arrived back in Wilmington, Delawaare, I wrote to the manager, Ms. Weiss. As of April 18th, she has not answered my letter. If possible, avoid this hotel. I have stayed in other Courtyard facilities, but I have never received such poor service.

Room Tip: Before booking a room, inquiry if a convention or a wedding has been booked for the time of your sta...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Wendy M, General Manager at Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Ms. Marla14,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments regarding your experience with the Courtyard Simi Valley.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the terrible noise disturbance caused by a wedding group here while you were touring one of our local attrations. We take great pride in ensuring our guest's satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your - or our own expections. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we may ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. The hotel always has a manager on duty and I have spoken with this individual about how to handle this type of noise disturbance in the future.

Thank you for staying with us and helping to improve our guest service delivery. Without your valuable input, we may no have realized the opportunity for improvement. Thank you again and we hope you give us another opportunity to serve you next time you are in our area.

Courtyard Simi Valley
805-915-5000
Oakley, California
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I am not sure when this hotel became a Marriott. However, this hotel generally fails to meet the experience I have become accustomed to. The staff is young and inexperienced. When I asked for a lime for my Corona beer the server asked me, "Is that the yellow one or the green one?"
My mother was with me and ordered a glass of wine, before she was finished with her glass the server took the glass. Everyone was friendly and welcoming, but very inexperienced. The rooms were in good condition and clean. Housekeeping was on the mark and very good. I left a big tip.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank JD3213
Wendy M, General Manager at Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear JED3213,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies that your guest experience was not what you would expect when staying at Marriott branded hotel. We take our guest satisfaction seriously. I will share your comments with our staff in the Bistro Cafe as a training opportunity to improve their service delivery and hospitality skills; unfortunately the staff member in question is not the best fit for the PM shift and a change will be made very soon. I hope that you will give us a second chance to show you we can provide exceptional Marriott hospitality. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Wendy McAfee and her staff does a great job! Hotel is very clean and comfortable. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Courtyard is in a good location to access, the beach, shopping and restaurants. We had a great time and can't wait to visit again.

Room Tip: Our room over looked the pool. Plenty of morning sunshine.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Wendy M, General Manager at Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Ms. Cindy M,

Thank you for your review of our hotel.
Our associates take pride in providing a quality experience to all our guests, so I will be sure to pass your thanks along to them.
Again, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, as we take our guest satisfaction seriously at the Courtyard Simi Valley. We hope to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
Palm Garden Hotel
Palm Garden Hotel
#2 of 9 in Thousand Oaks

Been to Courtyard Ventura Simi Valley? Share your experiences!