“Excellent staff (Norman)”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Reviewed 2 October 2012

The most important thing to say is that I left my Nikon camera batter/charger/cord in the room, and did not realize it until I was 400 miles away. I phoned the Hotel, and NORMAN assisted me IMMEDIATELY by going up to the room I had checked out of and locating the valuable items I had left behind. He took the time and trouble to write down my son's name who would be coming to pick up my things. He then set aside my items and ensured that they were returned to my son.

THANK YOU, NORMAN!!

The hotel itself was MUCH nicer than the other EMA's I have stayed in. It was clean, quiet and well=appointed. They even had fresh apples at the front desk.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience with us. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours. We are so pleased that Norman was able to assist you in getting your items back and will relay your thanks to him.
Once again, the entire staff and myself, thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay location.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley

Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

Lovely stay here. Friendly staff, nice big clean room. Great shower. Is a bit in the middle of no where but we found places to eat around there. Only downside i would say is its not the quietest of hotels, its quite near a highway and the A/C is quite noisy as well. But despite that overall I Would definately use this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. My apologies for the noise in the area, however I'm glad that you enjoyed the rest of the experience and will consider us for your next stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you once again for the great review.

Reviewed 1 October 2012

At the last minute we decided not to drive home on one hour sleep and at the last minute walked into this hotel to book a room. This was about 1:00 in the afternoon. One of the hotel clerk was behind the counter having a heated discussion on the phone with someone explaining all of her job duties, a hotel guest was trying to get the attention of the hotel clerk that was about to help us to tell her that someone had hit his vehicle and left and she was trying to ignore him ??? As we were being helped there were no questions about any discounts such as AAA, AARP, or their rewards program. We just went ahead (against our better judgement) and checked in. The room was $104.00. I know, what do you expect for $104.00??? The hotel needs renovating. It has the cottage cheese ceilings, old and worn bedding, flat pillows, junky furniture, the smallest size soap, shampoo and hair conditioner. No soap dish. You're expected to put it on the bare counter top. Towels were unremarkable. This room had a mini kitchen. No paper towels or napkins. Your choice is toilet paper or tissue. I wouldn't use the dishes even for camping! When you sat on the bed it sounded like you were sitting on creeking plywood. Seriously. The positives??? They are pet friendly, freeway close, places close by to get something to eat, plasma tv, and a/c. I would not stay here again. There are many more hotels to stay in Simi Valley to choose from.

Room Tip: South facing room is quieter.
1  Thank Whimsical33093

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The experience you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for this. I am reviewing this with the staff team, to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing to our attention the service problems. I hope that you will contact me directly, at sfs@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 25 September 2012

Very Nice, recently renovated, very clean, staff very cordial.. Would stay again... Beautiful setting in Simi Valley.. Close to shopping and very nice bike trails.. Everything brand new... Nice hotel, nice price, above standard for an extended stay hotel..

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Susan L, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Simi Valley. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a """"home away from home"""" for all of our guests with our brand new renovated hotel, fantastic service, free Internet & free breakfast. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again!

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Hello my name is Carla i just want to how peacefull this place is.If i had a choice of any hotel this is the one i would pick ,all the employes are very nice. I have several friends that stay here and they all have nothing bad to say about it.My brother and i have beeen here sence sep.8,2012 and plan to be here for another week nobody bothers us and that's what we like.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2012

Carla - I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who stays with us and providing a "home away from home" experience, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words. Please don't hesitate to call on me should you need anything while you are still staying with us or for your future stays here.

Reviewed 10 August 2012

I always wanted to try Extended Stay America, so I did this time when my boyfriend came to visit me. The location is really convenient, right off at freeway exist. (the noise level is minimum, no freeway traffic noise when you are in the room)
The service was great. they always seem a little busy but every staff is always so helpful. special thanks to Kristin. she helped us alot.
The room is clean and no weird smell. I was worry the room would smell all nasty and oily because they have a mini kitchen in the room, fortunately, it doesnt.
The bathroom is big. big space between mirror and toilet and shower area. :)
The bed is comfortable. (I wish the blanket could be a little bit thicker... not sure it is cuz its summer season, so they switch to a thinner blanket or something..)
1 dining table and 1 office table and 1 chair each for each table. plenty office space.

I wouldnt come back here for the regular room price, I got this room on promo price and it was an excellent deal! :)

Overall, looking forward to come back here.

Room Tip: They dont have hair dryer in the room, remember to ask for one from the front desk! :) The heater...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Polka H
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2012

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish a review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Simi Valley. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests like you. As you know, our fully renovated unique suites are designed with your comfort in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, in-room wifi access, continental breakfast, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Reviewed 1 August 2012

My experience during our stay was horrible. Upon check-in was told they served breakfast in the morning between 6:00-9:00. Showed up in the lobby and the coffee was the highlight at best. Don't tell guests there is breakfast if you put out breakfast snacks. Checked in on July 18th. Smelled something burning on July 20th in the morning. It appeared to be the A/C. Unplugged the unit and notified the front desk. They told me maintenance had the day off, but they would call. Coming back to the room that afternoon, no A/C, no maintenance, no word and no offer to change rooms. Same thing happened again on July 30th. Burning smell in the A/C. Mentioned this again upon checkout on July 31st. No apology, no offer of compensation, she just took down the room number. If they didn't care, why should I. We will never again stay at any one of the Exteneded Stay properties. Many more perks and service from other hotel chains.

Room Tip: We will never again stay at any one of the Exteneded Stay properties. Many more perks and service f...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RetChief
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

I recently received a copy of your review for our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read about your experience. Please accept our most sincere apologies.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving these goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

I would also like to respond to your comments about the breakfast offered onsite. In the morning, we have a "grab and go" meal which consists of coffee, oatmeal, fresh fruits, muffins, breakfast bars etc . I am sorry if the way this was explained was misleading; we will be sure to rectify this miscommunication with our guests in the future.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. I hope you will give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Good Nite Inn - Calabasas
Good Nite Inn - Calabasas
#3 of 3 in Calabasas
Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley? Share your experiences!