“Fantastic Visit, Great Staff”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Pasadena, California
“Fantastic Visit, Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

This is a transformed hotel and what a job they did! It used to be a shabby little place for the local homeless to stay. I heard it had been updated and since I enjoy the brand I decided to give it a try. Wow, I was completely thrilled. The staff is so caring and efficient. They were very welcoming and I felt like they really did care about how my visit was! The rooms and common areas are immaculate. Great job to all!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank BDogLong
James B, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this review, 24 March 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time write such a fantastic review abou your stay and most importantly the level of service that was provided by our associates. We're thrilled that you had a great stay with us. We look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Simi Valley.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2013

I was at Extended Stay America – Simi Valley, because my house in Wood Ranch was having repair work done. I was very pleased with everything I encountered at this hotel. It looks inviting on the outside, clean grounds and well cared for. A very friendly staff checked me in, and my room was very clean, fresh smelling and modern in decor. Somebody has obviously put thought into this layout and I had everything I needed.
I felt safe for myself and also parking my car. There are laundry machines on site, soda vending, and a quick and easy breakfast, selection of coffee flavors, assorted delicious muffins, granola bars, oatmeal and scrumptious fresh red apples and oranges.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank alice G
Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderfuld review of your most recent stay with us in Bakersfield. It's great to hear that the entire staff provided such excellent service to you during your stay. We cannot be happier when we receive such positive comments. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels, we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in Simi Valley.
Moorpark, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2013

This was my second time coming here, and I am glad that I came back. The first time, I received great customer service from manager Verica, and front desk workers Christine and Norman, and this time, I also received the same service from all of them. I was offered basket with some shampoo, razors, and a toothbrush at the front desk. Nice touch for those who forget the toothbrush & toothpaste and are staying for night or two. The rooms are excellent. Clean, clean and clean! My hats off to their housekeeping staff! The best part of the rooms are that they come with kitchens complete with pots/pans and utensils, so it's just like being home. This hotel is not the cheapest in the area but best for the value, I would look forward to returning here and will keep in mind for friends visiting, etc.

Room Tip: Stay on 1st & 2nd floors, half of 3rd is smoking!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Vera P
HotelManagement14, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this review, 19 February 2013
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Simi Valley. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. We know you have many lodging options in the area, which is why providing you and every guest with professional, friendly service is our priority.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2013

I needed a hotel that could fulfill three very important needs: I wanted a room that I could smoke in, that I could bring my dog with me and one that didn't require me to go up and down stairs. I first found that at Motel 6 but they stiffed me with an upstairs room that was very inaccessible. the room also had only one electrical outlet next to the tv. I hated it. I looked up other hotels in the area and came across Extended Stay. This place is like a palace compared to Motel 6. I know, you get what you pay for but the rates at Extended stay are pretty reasonable considering the room has a full size refrigerator, a two burner stove, sink, dishes, etc. I highly recommend it especially if you need a week or so stay between homes or whatever,

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank warren g
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this review, 6 February 2013
It was nice of you to take the time to have positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Simi Valley. It's always great to get the feedback from our valued guests, like you. Some places run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we think that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. We are glad you and your dog enjoyed your stay with us.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2013

We have stayed at other Simi Valley hotels and this is the top notch. They are professional, friendly and very helpful. Our room had no issues unlike some of the other locations we have stayed in Simi. Their location is somewhat out of the way, on the east side of Simi, but even traveling alone one would feel safe, also something we cannot say for the other locations in the area. The Grab and Go breakfast is superb unless you prefer the powdered eggs served at the Holiday Inn, or the runny plated Yogurt at the Grand Vista. All sarcasm aside we have to say that we fully enjoyed our visit at this location. We will definitely be back at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank traveltime55_13
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
Thank you so much for your great review of Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Simi Valley. It gives us great pleasure to read such great comments. Our breakfast is a new feature, so we are happy that you enjoyed it. The staff and I are incredibly proud of this property; thank you for your kind words about it!

We appreciate your staying with us, and hope to see you again. Please contact us directly should you need assistance with a reservation. We are hear to help.
Simi Valley
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2013 via mobile

Extended Stay has great rooms for an even better price. But I would not recommend this hotel for groups. I reserved a good amount of rooms for out of town guests that were attending my brother's wedding. Communication with the manager was near impossible but once I finally got the reservation set up and the guests started calling to book rooms, they mentioned the bride and grooms names to get the discounted rate and no one ever knew what they were talking about. The groom still stayed at this hotel, but no guests did due to difficulty with the reservation.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank Katie H
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
Katie - I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Simi Valley. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about our rooms, but was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I do appreciate the opportunity to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. I truly understand your aggravation and the inconvenience you experienced. The circumstances you have detailed are, of course, unacceptable and highly regrettable. With your feedback, I have spoken with each of the staff members to ensure something like this does not happen again.

Let me apologize again, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in areas like this one or directly. I hope we have addressed your concern satisfactorily, and that you would give us the pleasure and opportunity of having you and your guests stay with us again. Thank you.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

This hotel has been recently renovated so some of the earlier reviews may no longer apply. The rooms are immaculate, with ample amenities such as kitchen utensils, a microwave and electric stove, coffee maker, etc. The staff are very friendly and helpful, especially Christine who replaced the broken refrigerator in the middle of the night when I discovered it wasn't working. Best of all, the room rates are nearly the cheapest in Simi Valley even for visitors who aren't staying longer than a week. I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone!

Room Tip: Avoid the top floor if you're a non-smoker.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank solo_traveler_13
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this review, 8 January 2013
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience and our staff, at Extended Stay America Los Angeles - Simi Valley. We appreciate your recognition of Christine who was thrilled to be at your service. As a whole, we strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff, especially Christine, at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call me if you have any further questions or needs in this area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Palm Garden Hotel
Palm Garden Hotel
#2 of 9 in Thousand Oaks
BEST WESTERN PLUS Thousand Oaks Inn

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley? Share your experiences!