“Toilet malfunction”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Antioch, California
“Toilet malfunction”
Reviewed 9 August 2013

The check-in time is ate 3pm and the soonest we could chi in was 2pm. The toilet backed in the middle of the night ad they handed us a plunger because there's no maintenance staff after hours. It was disturbing and GROSS! We didn't know whose poop we were cleaning up. We traveled with kids and this was disastrous. The next morning there was no apology, no management phone call asking us if we're okay. Terrible management protocol.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Nanachi2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Stayed at this property in June. Bed was comfortable, room was spacious and did enjoy the kitchen. Eventhough we never cooked in the room, it was nice having the fridge and microwave. Do make sure to get a 1st or 2nd floor because the third is for smokers and believe me, you can smell he smoke when exiting the elevator on the 3rd floor. The "Breakfast on the Go" was not good. Always the same muffins, Oatmeal to Go bars and coffee and juice. We went out most of the time for breakfast. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank schoep
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our Grab and Go breakfast, we will make future effort to order variety of muffins & breakfast bars. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns at sfs@extendedstay.com.
Pasadena, California
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is my third stay at this hotel. Really enjoy the full kitchen. I work late when on the road and it's really great to not have to go out for a midnight snack or hit a vending machine. I can fill my fridge and hit it any time I'm in my room. It's great. Beds are comfortable and everything is really clean. Front Desk personnel are always very welcoming. Great hotel!

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker, let them know, they will find you a great room. I've been here three ti...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BDogLong
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Just got back from staying at this property. Upon arrival I was disappointed that they did not have two non smoking double bed rooms which is what I requested at the time of reservation.. At first they tried to put us in a room on the 3rd floor that was supposed to be a non smoking room but it turned out to be a smoking room. Eventhough only part of the 3rd floor is supposed to be smoking rooms, the entire third floor reeks from the smoke. You can smell the smoke as soon as you walk in the elevator. They ended up giving us two king suites that had pull out couches in them which was sufficient but not the same as having two double beds. The hotel is clean but again no frills. There was only a few chanels on the the tv's, no disney channel or nickalodeon which is important if you have little ones with you. They also DO NOT have a pool. One other important thing I should note is that they do not have daily maid service..unless you pay for it.
The walls are very thin, so it didn't feel very private. The kitchenette is nice and well stocked with a toaster and microwave. Overall I say it was an OK stay but I would not stay again unless I was guaranteed a room on the the first floor away from the smoking section.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your non-smoking room had a smoke odor; however, I am glad that our staff was able to move you to a different room. As well, I am sorry that we do not have a pool or offer additional channel selections. Still, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the kitchen in your room and how clean the hotel was overall.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sfs@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I stayed at this Extended Stay for two weeks and had a very pleasant stay. The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful, the rooms are in excellent shape, and the location is great. I particularly like that these hotels have kitchens, as it helps you save money while traveling as you can cook all your meals. The beds were comfortable and for most of my stay it was quiet. There are lots of sidewalks in the area, so it's easy to go out jogging, too, which was nice since there isn't a gym or a partnership with a gym.

My only complaints about this hotel is that it can be noisy since there is virtually no soundproofing between rooms or floors, smoke seeps through the vents in the bathroom if the guests upstairs are smoking (which is revolting), and I got a couple sets of sheets had pilling and were uncomfortable to sleep on (not a huge deal; I just requested new sheets from the desk and changed the bed).

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Lauren T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Lauren - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your room, especially the kitchen and our comfortable beds. As well, I am pleased that you liked our location, but apologize that a smoke smell sometimes seeped into your room.

Maryville, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 July 2013

There were some negative reviews here, but most of those referred to the state of repair of the hotel. Once I saw it had been recently renovated, I decided to take a chance. It was great. My husband and I stayed a week with our 3-yr old son. My only concern was the lack of kid-safe areas right around the hotel, but we found a park not too far away. The room was clean, everything worked, and the beds were comfy. There were only 2 sets of dishes but the front desk gave us everything we needed.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nancy55184
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Nancy - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled you discovered our great park nearby and that you enjoyed your in-room kitchen. As well, I am pleased to read that you found your room to be clean and bedding to be comfortable.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 July 2013

The staff is friendly and helpful. They were quick to answer questions and always had a smile! Very clean guest rooms. The full kitchen is great and very well kept. This was our first experience with an Extended Stay hotel and I would definitely recommend it. I really enjoyed being able to have home made healthy food instead of restaurant food during our stay. Try it!!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper pick a room away from the freeway. It didn't bother us but it could.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amy C
Amy - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed our in-room kitchen and were able to make healthy meals instead of eating out each night. As well, I am pleased that the staff provided you with such great service and you found your room to be clean.

Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
Palm Garden Hotel
Palm Garden Hotel
#2 of 9 in Thousand Oaks

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley? Share your experiences!