“clean and comfortable Responsive Staff”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The hotel is a very good value in the area and provide cleana and comfortable room at a fair price.
This is more geared to long term stays
The grab and go breakfast is functional
What makes the Extended Stay the a good value is not just the price but the staff that works there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2013

Jerry - Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room as well as our grab-and-go breakfast offerings. It was a true pleasure having you visit with us and we look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

From the time we arrived to the time we checked out everything was smooth. Our room was spotless from to to bottom. I was extremely impressed. I am picky about cleanliness and I was ssurprised sheets dishes everything wad spotless. The front desk was extremely helpful. I recommend to anyone. AAA+.

• Stayed: October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for your great review of our property. We appreciate you selecting our hotel for your stay and look forward to presenting you with another spotless room as well as great customer service in the future. Please be sure to stay with us again!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Beautiful newly renovated, modern hotel. Staff very friendly, and room ares gorgeous. Laminate wood flooring in kitchen area, nice size kitchen. As this is an extended stay place, they do not have cleaning service everyday, but it was fine for us. They have grab and go breakfast which was perfect. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your room and all of the amenities it had to offer. As well, I am glad that our staff provided you with friendly service and that you liked our grab-and-go breakfast.

Thank you for choosing to stay at our hotel again. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

The check-in time is ate 3pm and the soonest we could chi in was 2pm. The toilet backed in the middle of the night ad they handed us a plunger because there's no maintenance staff after hours. It was disturbing and GROSS! We didn't know whose poop we were cleaning up. We traveled with kids and this was disastrous. The next morning there was no apology, no management phone call asking us if we're okay. Terrible management protocol.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Nanachi2013
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Stayed at this property in June. Bed was comfortable, room was spacious and did enjoy the kitchen. Eventhough we never cooked in the room, it was nice having the fridge and microwave. Do make sure to get a 1st or 2nd floor because the third is for smokers and believe me, you can smell he smoke when exiting the elevator on the 3rd floor. The "Breakfast on the Go" was not good. Always the same muffins, Oatmeal to Go bars and coffee and juice. We went out most of the time for breakfast. Staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank schoep
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not pleased with our Grab and Go breakfast, we will make future effort to order variety of muffins & breakfast bars. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further questions or concerns at sfs@extendedstay.com.

Reviewed 1 August 2013

This is my third stay at this hotel. Really enjoy the full kitchen. I work late when on the road and it's really great to not have to go out for a midnight snack or hit a vending machine. I can fill my fridge and hit it any time I'm in my room. It's great. Beds are comfortable and everything is really clean. Front Desk personnel are always very welcoming. Great hotel!

Room Tip: If you are a non smoker, let them know, they will find you a great room. I've been here three ti...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BDogLong
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Just got back from staying at this property. Upon arrival I was disappointed that they did not have two non smoking double bed rooms which is what I requested at the time of reservation.. At first they tried to put us in a room on the 3rd floor that was supposed to be a non smoking room but it turned out to be a smoking room. Eventhough only part of the 3rd floor is supposed to be smoking rooms, the entire third floor reeks from the smoke. You can smell the smoke as soon as you walk in the elevator. They ended up giving us two king suites that had pull out couches in them which was sufficient but not the same as having two double beds. The hotel is clean but again no frills. There was only a few chanels on the the tv's, no disney channel or nickalodeon which is important if you have little ones with you. They also DO NOT have a pool. One other important thing I should note is that they do not have daily maid service..unless you pay for it.
The walls are very thin, so it didn't feel very private. The kitchenette is nice and well stocked with a toaster and microwave. Overall I say it was an OK stay but I would not stay again unless I was guaranteed a room on the the first floor away from the smoking section.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that your non-smoking room had a smoke odor; however, I am glad that our staff was able to move you to a different room. As well, I am sorry that we do not have a pool or offer additional channel selections. Still, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the kitchen in your room and how clean the hotel was overall.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at sfs@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
North San Fernando Valley
Staybridge Suites Chatsworth
Staybridge Suites Chatsworth
#135 of 358 in Los Angeles

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Simi Valley? Share your experiences!