“Best Thai Restaurant in Simi Valley”
Review of Sawasdee Thai Food

Sawasdee Thai Food
Ranked #138 of 264 Restaurants in Simi Valley
Cuisines: Thai
Simi Valley
“Best Thai Restaurant in Simi Valley”
Reviewed 7 November 2009

They have the best tasting Thai food of any restaurant we've been to in Simi Valley! My family has been coming here for 11 years now to enjoy their wonderful Thai dishes and the great, friendly service. Our family of 4 typically spends $50 for dinner here.

Our favs: Seafood Hot Soup (slightly sour, slightly spicy, with shrimp, fish, scallop and calamari); Pad Woon Sen with Shrimp (glass noodles with garlic, green onion, egg, shrimp, fish sauce, oyster sauce), Spicy Beef Salad (available mild, with delectable slices of beef steak, iceberg lettuce, tomato and cucumber, red onion, and a dressing made with lime juice, fish sauce, white vinegar and serrano peppers!), and Thai BBQ Chicken served with sweet and sour sauce.

Try it once and you'll be a fan for life! On the southeast corner of L.A. Ave. and Sequoia Ave. behind the Med Center clinic, in the same parking lot with the Seven Eleven. We gave it 4 stars, but you'd have to travel all the way to the San Gabriel Valley to find a 5-star Thai restaurant!

2 Thank Jim_S_9

Southern California
“Give your taste buds a thrill - Go to Sawasdee in Simi!”
Reviewed 21 September 2009

My family and I found this restaurant by chance. We're very picky where we go to to eat, but we decided to take a chance that day. That was one of our best decisions ever!

Sawasdee is a cute little place with a nice and friendly wait staff. We ordered the tried and true pad thai and it was amazingly good. I stuck with that choice for many visits when one day I decided to order their spicy black meatball soup. My taste buds felt like they were awaken with the first spoonful. This soup is SO good! It has just the right bite to it. Spicy, but not too spicy. I introduced (dragged!) many relatives & friends to this restaurant just so they could taste this soup. My sister decided to order something else. But when I let her taste my soup I ended up losing it!

My husband and son loves their curries. So that shows they have many delicious choices. When you're ready for a Thai taste sensation drive to the corner of Sequoia & L.A. I highly recommend it!

1 Thank Sandwench
Simi Valley
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Thai Food in Simi Valley....”
Reviewed 4 March 2009

I lived in Thaildand for 3 years so I base my opinion about Thai food on my experience living in that country. I have eatten at all the Thai Restaurants and Restaurants that states they service Thai food specialities here in Simi Valley. It is my opinion that Sawasdee is the closest thing to Thai food that I would get if I were back in Thailand. I love the spices, herbs, the combinations of chilies, lemon grass, and fish sauces found throughout Thailand. I'm disapointed when I do not experience that same quality and taste sensation I would expect to receive when eatting Thai food ordered in a Thai Restaurant. I have found that many Thai Restaurant prepare their food more Chineese, Cantonese to be exact. I have eatten at this restaurant for the past 8 years and would suggest this restaurant to others that really want the Thai experience.

1 Thank lilly111

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Tokyo, Japan
“My favorite Thai”
Reviewed 26 November 2007

Obviously I can't speak to the other review but I personally love this restaurant as do many of my coworkers. I am a local who lives/works in the county. I go to this restaurant pretty frequently and have never had a bad experience. Out of all the thai places I have been to, it is my favorite. Their pad thai is one of the best, as is their green curry and soup. I also love their thai ice tea and even their sticky rice/mango dessert. Love it all, have never been disappointed with a single dish I ordered. They have reasonable prices w/ good portions and good lunch specials. Plenty of parking and reservations not needed. I would highly recommend it.