“Wedding weekend”

Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Lovely, very very new and clean, friendly and affordable. Next door to great food and bars. Perfect for all the out of town wedding guests. The after party at the bar next door was especially great as we could all stumble to bed without worrying about driving. The decor was especially impressive for a moderate cost hotel. It was just perfect.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2013

Thank you for writing a review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! It is great that you were able to take advantage of the restaurants conveniently located to the hotel. We work hard to provide excellant service and comfortable guest rooms. We are thrilled you had a wonderful experience!

Reviewed 3 March 2013

This hotel and it's sister hotel next door are probably a little seedier than the others in Simi Valley, Maybe it's just the location I don't know but it's just the facts. I travel to Simi for business and prefer to stay one night here than to fight traffic both ways. The area is just not great, The El Torito is much lower quality than the Elephant Bar next to the Best Western. The Breakfast is definitely not wonderfully made to order like the BW and the suites do not offer a full kitchen like the Extended Stay. The staff is not nearly as helpful or enthusiastic as the staffs at the Best Western or the Extended Stay. I assume because they are affiliated with the Motel 6 and low prices, the quality is just not their concern. Unfortunately the housekeeper who gave me extra soap was very sweet, but since she didn't have a name badge or perhaps it was under her sweater (it was quite cold and windy) I can't acknowledge her here. As far as the iron gates they use for security, they don't keep out the rif raf, I wouldn't want my wife staying here alone.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank BDogLong
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2013

Dear BDogLong,

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 24 February 2013

I really was expecting the worst, but if you believe any of the reviews, believe me.(look at my yelp reviews for proof) I am brutally honest and very picky and I had a very pleasant experience. I booked the room to study for the bar exam( final weekend before the exam) all weekend with a friend that lives in Simi. The hotel is very convenient to the freeway, easy on and easy off. The hotel is also located next to a shopping center and across the street from a grocery store.

My room was large and it had a nice desk and another table. We literally spent 12+hrs in the room on Saturday and we were comfortable. Yes, the bathroom fixtures are old and the tub looks like its from the 60's, but the bed was comfortable. The TV is new, the air works fine, there was a fridge and microwave in the room. The continental breakfast had eggs, bacon or sausage, different breads, milks, cereal, packets of oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, cinnamon rolls. There is something for everyone( except pancakes, apparently, the machine was broken and has been for awhile).

I felt very safe at the hotel. The doors to the rooms open to a courtyard that has a large pool. There is a main security door that you need a room key to get into. The staff was very accommodating and pleasant. I paid 113.00 for 2 nights on Hotwire and in my opinion, it was a great deal.

Room Tip: upper floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Our team works hard to make each guest feel comfortable and I am glad that was the case for you. Thank you for mentioning their service. I am glad you took advantage of our complimentary breakfast and found it satisfying. Our pancake machine is working so we hope you come again and enjoy!

Reviewed 20 February 2013

I booked this room by the brand name. I've had many good experiences at Holiday Inn Express. This place was a very unwelcome surprise, as it is a MOTEL. I did not feel safe at all with the exterior hallways. Our room overlooked the parking lot and faced the Motel 6 next door, which looked just like this place only a different color. I was very disappointed. The security gate that supposedly restricts non-guest access to the elevators and stairs doesn't do much good, as a creepy looking non-guest walked right through it as we were leaving to go to dinner. On the up-side, the front desk staff are friendly and when I reported the creepy guy they contacted security and got rid of him. I had noted the included breakfast upon booking, however, when I arrived and saw that this place is actually a motel, I assumed I was mistaken about the breakfast. It was never mentioned to me when I checked in, was not written on anything we saw, and the location must be hidden because in the morning we neither saw nor smelled food anywhere. So, we left assuming there was no breakfast. I am reading reviews now that indicate that there is. Oh well. Other than that oversight, I will say that the price was good (that should have given me a clue that this was not the caliber of hotel I was expecting) and the staff was friendly. But the exterior halls, creepy area around the hotel, questionable security, sparse room with thin blankets... Just not what I was looking for or have come to expect from Holiday Inn Express. My mistake. Should have looked more closely at the pictures online. I didn't feel safe here. Also the food at El Torito was not very good, though the waiters were friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Maxjosie
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2013

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you had experienced during your stay at our hotel.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

I am very sorry you were not able to take advantage of our wonderful breakfast. We hope that you will visit us again and allow us to provide the great service you expect at a Holiday Inn Express.

Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

Gave us a room for fifty, this is amazing. The staff are all helpful and are nice. The gym could use weights since there is a weight rack for them, but other than that it was a good fitness center breakfast was awesome because I love fresh fruit and peanutbutter. The room was clean, showers were nice and the pool gets cleaned every morning. (didn't use the pool but saw them cleaning it).

• Stayed: February 2013
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for complimenting our staff. Our staff works very hard to make each stay enjoyable for our guests. We hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed 17 January 2013

I was travelling and used a discount hotel site to book. When I first arrived, things looked a little depressing on the outside, but when I got inside the courtyard, I changed my mind. The rooms face inward to a jungle of plants and trees surrounding a pool.

The place was friendly and clean, and had a good feeling. I found myself outside my room, leaning on the railing and looking down at the pool often. The flowering trees reached the second story all by themselves. The hotel has a bygone, palm-treed resort feel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank pareolover
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am glad you were able to take advantage of our beautiful courtyard! Our goal is that each guest feels at home and relaxed while visiting us. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 11 January 2013

I book hotels here about once a month for my training classes and they always take care of me. We stay for 3 nights and absolutely love it. The fact that we have 4 restaurants within a block, (including a full bar next door), decent workout facility, nice pool and spacious rooms is always a plus. The thing that I like best is the staff though. They are so accommodating and really seem to enjoy what they do. My only complaint is that they closed down the sauna due to new regulations from the state of California regarding ADA. However, warm cookies, delivery from super comfortable bed, jacuzzi in my room and a great breakfast more than make up for that minor detail. I absolutely love this place and wouldn't stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: I prefer the top floor as the rooms seem to get used a little less, but have stayed in probably 10 d...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2013

It is really great to hear from our frequent guests! Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you enjoy your time with us and continue to make us your preferred hotel. Our staff works hard to meet guest requests and provide an enjoyable stay each time! We look forward to your next stay with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
Hyatt Regency Westlake
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village

Been to Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley? Share your experiences!