“Good hotel and location in Simi Valley” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley

Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Tucson, Arizona
“Good hotel and location in Simi Valley”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

We travel to Simi Valley at least once a year and usually stay at this hotel. We are generally pleased with the hotel. It's appearance is not the same as newer Holiday Inn express hotels since the hotel is an older place but it is generally a fine hotel and has a good location in the city. The service is generally good here and that was largely true this time however for some reason our room was not cleaned up after the first night. I mentioned this to the person at the desk the next morning and was not impressed with the young lady's response as she did not express concern for the lack of service. The room was serviced as usual the following mornings. We are generally quite pleased with the hotel and will likely continue to stay there on our return visits.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am very sorry to hear that you did not receive housekeeping and that the front desk did not respond appropriately. Please know that this issue will be addressed immediately. We strive to provide excellent service and I am disappointed that this was not the case for you. Please feel free to contact me to discuss further. I appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to serving you soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Hartford, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

During the course of my stay, the staff was friendly, the facilities was clean, and house keeping kept my room tidy. The day before my last day, my pricey headphones came up missing, which happen to be connected to my iPod after running. I reported it, believing it was taken by accident. When I checked out, I had to create a new report because the previous one came up missing. Unfortunately, I have yet to receive a call back. Other than the experience of robbery, this was a decent place to stay.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank GeezyPlzBlv
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
I am very sorry to hear that you did not get a call back regarding your lost item. We have a system in place for lost and found items and it concerns me that your needs were not met. Please contact me directly at (805) 584-6006 extension 128 so that I may look further into the situation. Thank you.
Saint Amant, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Great place to stay good location staff was Great we stayed in several places over a 17 day trip spent Three nights here . Had a laundry Room which was needed by this time in our tri room was super nice with huge jacuzzi type tub and a seperate shower spent some time at the Pool really enjoyed this stop

Room Tip: Make sure it has the super Tub it was great
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us! I am happy to hear that you were able to stay in one of our King rooms with the Jacuzzi tubs. These rooms are definitely our guest's favorite! We hope to see you again soon!
Skopje, Republic of Macedonia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

I stayed here on my road trip through California for two nights. Its a good hotel, placed on a great area, close to the major highway, nice, clean, good pool, decent continental breakfast. Kind off old rooms, but very doable, especially for the price that they offer.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Dear Kosta-Macedonia,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Please accept my apologies for falling short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. However, we are thankful that you enjoyed your stay despite some issues. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We all hope that we will have the opportunity to host you again on a future visit.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Buenos Aires
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

I have been in and out of Simi Valley for three months and keep coming back to the Holiday Inn Express. On Day One it was obvious to me that the hotel is very well run and this translates into a very positive atmosphere. The hotel offers the things that are most important to me: a proper work desk, good in-room WiFi, a comfortable bed, in-room microwave and fridge, and self-serve laundry facilities. This lets me hit the ground running and maintain a productive routine. It also has the nice extras: fitness centre, complimentary breakfast, parking and, of course, the pool. Then there is the location: There are restaurants, stores, gas and groceries all within a block of the hotel, and a large town centre just up the street. Access from the highway could not be easier and the views of the surrounding hills are wonderful. I could go on and on but what really sets the hotel apart is the staff. Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley is definitely a winner!

Room Tip: I always ask for a room with a full workdesk located on the second or third floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ukuhamba
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, 12 July 2013
It is always a pleasure to hear from a frequent guest! Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am very happy that you are able to enjoy all of the amenities offered and that your travel needs are being met. And I truly appreciate your kind comments about our staff. I will pass on the compliment. We look forward to your next visit!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

The staff here at Simi Valley Holiday Inn are the BEST! Maria and Tiffany and the rest of the staff do a great job at making their guest feel welcome. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are kept spotless. The pool and hot tub are always sparkling and ready for swimming. Warm cookies in the front office around 4:20 every day. ;) The location is close to the expressway and easy access to major cities. It is very quiet and the location seemed very safe. I never wanted to leave. This is a true oasis in the desert. See you guys soon!

Room Tip: I don't want to give up my secret...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rebecca C
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
I am so pleased to hear that you love our hotel! It is a lovely compliment that you consider our location an oasis and that you never want to leave! I am thrilled you love our warm cookies each afternoon and that our staff is treating you well. Thank you for choosing our hotel, we appreciate your loyalty!!
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Very easy access to the expressway. Hotel is near several restaurants and just a short drive to many more. My room was huge, very clean, and quite comfortable. The bathroom was large with a walk-in tiled shower, plus an additional vanity/sink and a whirlpool tub in the living area. Wifi reception was excellent. No complaints!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, 19 June 2013
I really appreciate the great review! I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope if you are in town again, you will choose to stay with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Four Seasons Hotel Westlake Village
Palm Garden Hotel
Palm Garden Hotel
#2 of 9 in Thousand Oaks

Been to Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley? Share your experiences!