“under construction this time”

Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Checked in to join some friends for 2 nights and am so impressed with just about every aspect that I'm staying here for a further week!! I've absolutely no financial connection with this superb lodge but, as a seasoned traveller, I'd recommend it to anybody!!
Professional, polite & helpful staff, spacious comfortable room, excellent breakfast far in excess of expectations and so much more! I'm really pleased my friends' chose this hotel; accolades should be awarded to all those who have contributed to my enjoyable break! Lord Hamilton of Glencoe

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Thank you Lord Hamilton for your review. We enjoyed your stay with us and we are very happy that you had a wonderful time. Our team looks forward to your next visit!!
San Diego, California
Reviewed 19 October 2013

There really is nothing positive that I can write about this hotel other than the man at the front desk that check us in to our rooms was very polite. The hotel is old and torn apart for renovations, the beds were not comfortable, the breakfast was average at best and the rooms are overpriced. We were also never told that half the hotel was under construction.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with your stay at our hotel. Please accept my sincere apology that you were not notified ahead of time about our renovation. I hope that after our upgrades are complete, that you will give us a chance to provide a much more enjoyable stay!

Travellers are raving about these Simi Valley hotels

La Mesa, California
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Stay here all the time for work. Always get a good deal from other travel websites. Just get a room on the top floor so no one can stomp on ya. Very clean , nice tv's. Good breakfast too! There is a Vons right across the street. The freeway is super close but not too close so the noise won't bother you.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank mr_bugs
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, 19 September 2013
Thank you for your great comments! We are so appreciative of our loyal guests. We look forward to your next visit!!
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We travel to Simi Valley at least once a year and usually stay at this hotel. We are generally pleased with the hotel. It's appearance is not the same as newer Holiday Inn express hotels since the hotel is an older place but it is generally a fine hotel and has a good location in the city. The service is generally good here and that was largely true this time however for some reason our room was not cleaned up after the first night. I mentioned this to the person at the desk the next morning and was not impressed with the young lady's response as she did not express concern for the lack of service. The room was serviced as usual the following mornings. We are generally quite pleased with the hotel and will likely continue to stay there on our return visits.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am very sorry to hear that you did not receive housekeeping and that the front desk did not respond appropriately. Please know that this issue will be addressed immediately. We strive to provide excellent service and I am disappointed that this was not the case for you. Please feel free to contact me to discuss further. I appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to serving you soon!
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

During the course of my stay, the staff was friendly, the facilities was clean, and house keeping kept my room tidy. The day before my last day, my pricey headphones came up missing, which happen to be connected to my iPod after running. I reported it, believing it was taken by accident. When I checked out, I had to create a new report because the previous one came up missing. Unfortunately, I have yet to receive a call back. Other than the experience of robbery, this was a decent place to stay.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank GeezyPlzBlv
Tiffany N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Simi Valley, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
I am very sorry to hear that you did not get a call back regarding your lost item. We have a system in place for lost and found items and it concerns me that your needs were not met. Please contact me directly at (805) 584-6006 extension 128 so that I may look further into the situation. Thank you.
Saint Amant, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Great place to stay good location staff was Great we stayed in several places over a 17 day trip spent Three nights here . Had a laundry Room which was needed by this time in our tri room was super nice with huge jacuzzi type tub and a seperate shower spent some time at the Pool really enjoyed this stop

Room Tip: Make sure it has the super Tub it was great