“Totally Screwed Up Registration”

Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

From a physical appearance viewpoint, this is a nice property.
I have to say that they're registering ration process was a complete disaster for us. We booked one room on Friday evening and four on Saturday for our wedding party.

I called on Friday evening to confirm that our room would be available on Saturday morning so we would have a place to get ready before the wedding. The front office clerk confirmed that our room was available and gave us the room number.

When we checked in on Saturday we went into the room and there were someone else's belongings in the room so it had already been registered to someone else. Then the front desk took about 25 minutes to find us another room. Which made us late for the pictures at our son's wedding.

I instructed them that I was going to pay for my sisters room which was one of the four rooms that we booked. A few days later I my sister contacted me that they ( hotel) had charged my sister for the room instead of me. So I had to call hotel tell to fix that problem .

I also had to call the hotel to get a credit for a room on Friday night because they checked us into a room that was already occupied. While this happened one of the front desk clerks was apologized to us and the other front desk clerk told him to stop apologizing to us. For all of her problems they caused us, especially being late for the pictures for our son's wedding I found the front desk staff to be not apologetic at all.

I booked one of the rooms using best Western reward points.
Today I discovered that I was still charged $26 for this room even though according to the best Western rewards program it was sent post to be free.

Again, I had to call the hotel three times to talk to a manager to finally get a copy of this bill and find out what the charge was for.

And I had to email and call him back to tell him that it that again it was not correct.

I have had to call this hotel at least nine or 10 times to straighten out all of the errors that they made during our stay.

I can put property is physically I tractive in the breakfast was good but I found their front office procedures to be an utter disaster.

Stayed: August 2014
POSADADHS, Manager at Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

I am sorry that your experience at our hotel left some negative impressions. I appreciate your comments and can assure you that your experience is an exception. We strive to deliver Exceptional Guest Service and I can assure you that your concerns will be corrected. I will use your comments and experience as a training tool with all of our management staff and assure that better solutions are offered in the future.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

My first time here I was so so on the hotel. This time around we had a great stay. Good breakfast, my only complaint was it's too early, it ends at 9:00. I don't want to have to get up that early. Very nice pool area with lots of Hibiscus and Bouganvila. The check in people were very friendly. We wanted ground floor because there is no elevator. All in all we enjoyed our stay there. Very comfy beds, and room was big enough to not get cabin fever.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are nice and quiet with easy in/out access.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I will definitely share your feedback with my staff. We look forward to serving your travel needs in the future!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This hotel has a lovely lobby where an evening wine/cheese reception is offered. The room was ample size, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was a full buffet (not just continental). The location is great for visiting the Ronald Reagan Library and Museum.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
POSADADHS, Manager at Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Firstly, I want to thank you for taking the time to submit a review through TripAdvisor.com. We take the experience of our guests in the highest regard and we focus on personal attention to make sure your stay is flawless.
I am happy to see you had an overall enjoyable experience with us and value our location. We pride ourselves on providing the best stay imaginable, that includes our rooms and amenities

DANIEL SCHMIDT-HUGHES, CHA

Reviewed 13 August 2014

I booked a suite in this hotel because it is the closest hotel to Wood Ranch Country Club (we were attending a family wedding over the weekend). I called before making reservations to inquire about their pet policy. They said they are pet friendly. That was big plus for us because we wanted to bring our dog along. We drove from San Francisco and left early in the morning around 5:30am to avoid traffic and to ensure that our pet does not suffer while driving through the dessert areas. It was about a 6 hr drive and we arrived at the hotel around 11:30am.

-They no longer have their pet policy. They apparently changed it on August 1st 2014. We did not received any form of communication from the hotel that it has changed. Terri immediately said that they no longer allow pets, but will make an exception. It is not an exception. It is a policy that she is adhering to when we made our reservation. She is not doing us a favor at all.

-We requested an early check-in when we made our reservations directly on their website and mentioned that we are bringing our pet. When my husband checked-in, Terri said there are no rooms available at that time, check-out is at noon, regular check-in is at 3pm, and early check-in is a courtesy (Yes, we know it is a courtesy, but it is not impossible, it can be done, and has been done before). She will ask housekeeping to get a suite ready as soon as possible. She took our name and number.

-We drove around and waited for a call (We had our pet with us. He was already overheating with the temp reaching mid to high 80's; plus the high humidity). We wanted to be courteous to other guests and did not wait in their lobby. We did not want to annoy other guests since our dog was already panting heavily. At round 2 pm, we still have not heard back. We called and asked Terri again if there is a room available. She said no and have already asked housekeeping to get a suite ready. With only 2 other guests checking-in at 11:30, not many are asking for early check-in. Considering 12noon is check-out, what have they been doing the last 2 hours (since 12noon/check-out)?

-Right at 3pm my husband checks-in again and this time, the staff members are different. The manger on duty immediately says that check-in is between 3pm and 5pm. This irritated us since we have been given the wrong information. They attempted to rectify what Terri has already messed up and called housekeeping. She was told that they will have a room for us at 3:30pm. Again, with not many people checking-in the same time as us/asking for early check-in (we only saw 2 couples at 11:30am) why is it taking 3.5 hours from check-out to clean?

Another rude encounter with Terri was during breakfast, she would greet all other guests that pass by to get to the breakfast area. I mentioned to my husband that she did not say a thing to me, but the gentleman, Brian standing next to her was friendly. My husband said he even greeted them good morning and she did not say a peep to him, only Brian did. How rude and childish!

When we checked out at 11am on Sunday, there were already 3 cleaning carts/housekeeping on our floor knocking on doors. I don't understand why asking for a room at 11:30am/2pm/3:00pm was so difficult for them to accommodate. We have only stayed at one other Best Western in Rome and comparing both, Best Western Posada Royale is not the best, but the WORST WESTERN. Stay away!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CAli2Everywhere

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We arrived after dark, so it appeared to be in the middle of nowhere, but it's a nice, safe area and very quiet. Front desk staff was very nice and efficient both at check-in and check-out. I was even provided with a list of pizza places upon inquiry. This list was detailed with times of service, and phone numbers! =) The room was nice and big, but I was disappointed with the lack of counter space near the bathroom, especially considering it is a Best Western Plus. The furniture is somewhat worn, one of the big chairs had some unpleasant stains. Clean, comfortable beds and excellent FULL breakfast in the morning, which included an omelet station. It would have been nice to be able to take stuff back to the room for kids, as it closes at 9 a.m. The kids enjoyed the pool in the morning. We stayed on a Monday, so we got a great rate, otherwise it's pricey. Would definitely stay again at a comparable rate.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We've stayed here several times because of its proximity to events near the Reagan Library. We now arrive earlier in the day, however, to take advantage of the pool, grounds, and now wine & cheese reception. Full breakfast with omelets cooked to order are included in room charge. No elevator, however, so if any medical issues request lower story when making reservation. Also need to drive to dinner restaurants; none on premises, but some nearby.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

On behalf of the entire staff, Thank you so much for staying with us while you were visiting the Ronald Reagan Library in Simi Valley. We look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I would stay here again. Very clean & quiet. Had the best nights sleep which is unheard of in a hotel. Breakfast was delicious & fresh. If you are trying to eat healthy you will be happy. I had the best egg white omlette with veggies prepared fresh with an abundance of fresh fruit. Great coffee! Friendly service!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Gensando

We are all so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will be back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Hyatt Regency Westlake
#2 of 4 in Westlake Village
Best Western Plus Thousand Oaks Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks

Been to Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!