Grand Vista Hotel
Best Western Posada Royale Hotel & Suites(Simi Valley)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$121
US$133
US$130
US$122
Motel 6 Simi Valley(Simi Valley)
US$101
  • Pool
US$175
Radisson Hotel Chatsworth(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$171
Staybridge Suites Chatsworth(Los Angeles)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$132
Ramada Chatsworth(Los Angeles)
US$127
US$117
US$114
US$111
All reviewsreagan libraryrefrigerator and microwavebusiness centerthe hotel offerscoffee makerdefinitely stay here againnice staysimifreewayratescalifornia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2007

My friend and I decided completely last minute to take a 24 hour road trip from Phoenix to California to go to Magic Mountain and we scrambled to find a decent place to stay. Using hotels.com, we found this place listed for about $75. After a quick google search on "hotels.com coupon codes" we found one for $20 off a one night stay. We crossed our fingers as we entered the code and jumped for joy when our total came to about $53. We decided it looked like what we needed; a clean decently priced hotel that was not far from our destination. I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The view from the front parking lot over the valley at night was breathtaking. After a long drive, we were excited to find a huge shopping center with plenty of dining options just a hop skip and a jump away. Our beds were comfy and our room was clean.

We ordered room service after an exhausting day to enjoy our dinner in pajamas and were surprised at how affordable it was. When trying to sleep--- I did worry at first due to a baby crying but at that point I was so tired it didn't take long to drift off. Thin walls could def be a minus since I was simpy dead tired. The staff was nice and accomodating, they even made us an item that wasn't on the menu. Gotta love a grilled cheese sandwich.

Breakfast was much better than your usual continential. I myself enjoyed eggs potatoes and french toast. Other offerings were the norm; cereal, toast, danishes, muffins.

My one complaint was that the elevator was being fixed and the technician shut off the power just as we checked in which caused a mini meltodown as we were stuck in limbo between floors in a non working elevator which kept dropping a few inches unexpectedly. I later heard the hotel staff discussing how the tech did not notify them or tell them how long the power would be cut. So I can't really hold it against them. I would def stay here again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 November 2007

With so many poor reviews for this property, my expectations were very low. After a 1-night stay, though, I was pretty impressed and would stay here again.

The location is great and the facilities appear to possibly be undergoing some updating (?). Check-in was friendly and efficient. My room was on the 1st floor, facing the inner courtyard pool and spa. The room decor seemed to be fairly new and the bathroom was quite nice with slab granite. The bath and bed linens were a bit cheap-ish as were the toiletries.

The one thing that would steer me away from this property is the tremendous amount of noise transfer between rooms. One can expect some of this at any hotel, but at this property it is excessive.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2007

I planned this romantic getaway for me and my girlfriend, and based on the pictures, and description of what my romantic package would entail...it was the total opposite. I didnt get half of what was described, and my room was horrible. If I would have gotten the room that was the same or even at least similar, I would have been happy. But I compare my bedding to motel 6 bedding. And the represent themselves as a higher standard hotel. I would not recommend this hotel at all. And there prices are all wrong. Its not worth it. I actually want my money back!!!! And I am currently working on that.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nessansd
Reviewed 11 September 2007

No wifi...random noises as you sleep. (i.e. loud thumps from pipes, fire alarm went off twice while I was there)
Then...after we left we had a charge from them for $150!! Disputing now...
STAY AWAY!

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank yjb44
Reviewed 4 September 2007

We stayed at the Grand Vista 4 nights in August 07. We found it to be a nice place. Our room was very clean and spacious.
Desk clerks were very friendly and helpful. The pool area was very clean and a quiet area to relax by the pool. The business office had a computer and printer that you could use free of charge to print airline tickets. It seemed to be an older hotel that had had some major renovations but we incountered no problems. I would stay here again if visiting the area again. Simi Valley was very easy to get around in and the hotel was very close to lots of restaurants and shopping. The Reagan Library was about 3 miles from the hotel. The whole area was very pretty.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank OkieDokieIII