“"You pay for what you get"”
Review of Grand Vista Hotel

Grand Vista Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Reviewed 2 July 2012

The hotel is older but is kept up. The decor is old in the rooms. We know that the amenities matched the economy of
The property. The pool is a nice feature we were able to enjoy. We did enjoy eating breakfast in the restaurant al la carte.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel and taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We are continually upgrading different aspects of the hotel and I am sorry if your room did not meet your expectations. We are proud to offer a great product at an incomparable value. It is our goal to provide exceptional guest service and make our customers feel at home. I am happy to see that some of the staff’s efforts have been noticed and I will share your comments with them. Your comments help us to know how we can improve and provide exceptional service.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

We stayed here for 1 night because it was close to the Regan Library which we were doing the next day. I got a great deal on Hotwire for 2 rooms for my family. The outside of the hotel and the lobby area looks very upscale. However, our rooms were highly in need of renovation! We had a king-size bed which was not very comfortable. The couches in both rooms were filthy - so many stains on them - I would never sit there. I really didn't even want to put my luggage on it. Staff wasn't very friendly either. The worse thing was the bathroom - the bathroom door was a swinging door so you couldn't keep it open (which I've never seen before in a hotel), and the bathroom had no ventilation so it became very hot and stuffy very fast. We had to get a chair to prop open the bathroom door to be able to get some cool air in there. I won't be staying there again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I am also sorry that the employees seemed less friendly. I can assure you that this is the exception. We are continually upgrading different aspects of the hotel and we are committed to offering a quality product at an exceptional value. The upgrading process takes time and we are always working to improve the product for our customers. Had these issues been brought to our attention, we would have certainly offered another room and corrected the issues in your room. Please contact me directly at tlasure@grandvistasimi.com and I will be happy to make it right for you.

Reviewed 23 June 2012

My husband and I recently drove to Simi Valley for a Graduation/Birthday party for my friends daughter. We stayed at the Grand Vista Hotel over a week-end. We found 2 weddings and a large youth athletic team staying there. It seemed pretty noisy at the pool area on Saterday, but fortunately for us we were away at our own function. Sunday was Fathers Day and we found just a handful of people at the pool area. It was great. Nice area, we enjoyed the pool and the spa. Our room was spacious and clean. We had a microwave, refrigerator and a nice coffee maker, (which was in the bathroom) but was convienant and welcomed! We found the bed comfortable and the window coverings were white plantation shutters. I really like it. They have a restaurant on site, but we didn't try it due to the fact we were visiting friends and ate with them. They do offer breakfast at $7.95 a person per day, but we opted to eat later and elsewhere. There is also a sports bar next door for those who wish to venture out for that kind of place. The hotel has a small 24 hour snack/gift shop, which we found useful to buy a few sodas on our way up to our room. The parking on Saterday night was full, my husband and I being disabled parked at a handicaped space in front of the Sports Bar. It was a little inconvient but necessary. We both agreed that we would definately stay there again.

Room Tip: I imagine all the rooms are spacious, what ever your needs are are be sure to ask. We needed a walk...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am glad you enjoyed our location as well as all of the amenities. We take great pride in providing excellent service as well as a clean comfortable room to every guest. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

The outside of the hotel and lobby and hallways look first class...wow..we thought until we entered room.
The room has 2 double beds that were so uncomfortable that we will need to get adjusted to move throughout the day.
There are no curtains in the room...cute blinds but sun will come in around 5.30 a.m.
The tv is laughable...its a box tv! In a 3 star hotel???
Everything was clean but this was not worth it at all.
Lastly, the internet said we would get a free continental breakfast...but we were told we dont get one. That is odd. I am assuming it is bcuz we did priceline.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I am sorry that you were not satisfied with your stay. Our beds are top of the line "Serta Presidential Pillow Top" sets and we usually get rave reviews about them. We will always offer a bed-board for those who prefer a stiffer mattress. We do offer room packages that include express breakfast and nightly cocktails when booking direct with the hotel. We are in the process of upgrading several aspects of the hotel including flat screen televisions. We are proud to offer a great product at an incomparable value. Passing on this value in today's economy is necessary and has slowed down the upgrading process. However, we are committed to providing an exceptional product and guest experience at the best possible value. Please contact me directly at tlasure@grandvistasimi.com and I will be happy to make it right for you.

Reviewed 22 June 2012

My experience at this hotel was excellent. I was in town for business from May 7 to 18. The staff was friendly and helpful. I emailed the General Manager (Mr. Timothy Lasure) a week before my trip asking him some questions about the hotel. He was extremely professional and even booked my room. I couldn't ask for anything better for the price that I paid. This hotel had an excellent location and free internet. The room contained a microwave, small fridge, and a TV. It was very clean and tastefully appointed. Housekeeping was daily and they did a very good job. The hotel Fitness center was great. Even when this is not a brand new hotel, I was able to see during my stay that some areas were being renovated. I would definitively recommend the hotel and stay again. Good job Tim!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am glad you enjoyed our location as well as all the amenities. We take great pride in providing exceptional guest service as well as a clean comfortable room to every guest. My staff and I appreciate your kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 20 June 2012

comfy beds, polite staff, clean rooms, close to shopping and good resturants. We were very pleasantly surprised with the quality of this hotel for the price.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 28 June 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We are proud to offer a great product at an incomparable value. We appreciate your business. It is our goal to provide exceptional guest service and make our customers feel at home. We hope you decide to stay with us on your next trip to the area.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

Lobby and entrace area of this hotel are very nice. The rooms are in need of some serious upgrading but were clean and honestly thats all that really matters to us. This place is perfect if you're just in need of a place to sleep for a night or two.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Thank you for your comments. We are continually upgrading different aspects of the hotel and I am sorry if your room did not meet your expectations. The upgrading process takes time and we are always working to improve the product for our customers.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Palm Garden Hotel
#2 of 9 in Thousand Oaks
Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks
Hampton Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks

Been to Grand Vista Hotel? Share your experiences!