“Met our expectations”
Review of Grand Vista Hotel

Grand Vista Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Staying here for work but found that they make us feel at home! Very satisfied with our room and the staff are always happy and helpful. Coffee is available in the lobby until 10 am. This hotel offers the best price for what you get. We have been able to check in after 12. All the people at the front desk were excellent! Even the maintenance guys are helpful and smiling. Which was nice. In this area most hotels are at least 30 dollars more a night on average. Wifi is included. Good strong signal too. We didn't eat at the cafe but it looks pretty nice. The pool and hot tub are clean and usually not crowded at all. We feel like we're here by ourselves sometimes! Cabanas are there to provide extra shade which we love. Although the rooms could be a bit fresher we have no real complaints. I highly recommend staying here if you're in the area. You get a great value for your money. Give it a try I think you'll enjoy it.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We literally have stayed here 5 times in 3 months. The past two times I stayed here, I stayed for about a week each time. IF you decide to stay here, definitely go on priceline.com and bid for a low price. Do not pay the normal full price. It has a good pool area, Jacuzzi, towels provided by the pool, fitness center is decent, lounge/restaurant/bar downstairs (and you can bring food and alcohol up to your room). There is also a pretty good Sports Bar right next door! It includes many TVs, pool tables, plenty of room, food, full bar, dance floor, DJs etc.

One of the hotel managers named ADI (who actually has been fine to me)... I was told he screamed at a lady with two young kids just a couple days ago, and had to be restrained by another front desk employee, from physically attacking the mother of two. I have heard multiple opinions echoing the sentiment that he acts as if simple requests are annoying to him etc.

The female front desk employees, and one bald male (sorry, I do not know his name) are very pleasant.

MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE PARTS OF THE HOTEL ARE:

1. Free On-Demand TV with nearly every channel you could ask for, and ability to catch up on tons of shows you may not have gotten around to in your day-to-day busy life.

2. Pool Area

3. Next door sports bar

4. Lounge and bartenders downstairs / ability to bring drinks and food back up to your room

5. Located within 2 minutes driving of Town Center Mall with tons of stores and restaurants etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a good WiFi signal, as some of them have a very weak signal.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Very conveniently located hotel, close to the Simi Mall. Nice and clean rooms with refrigerator and microwave! Wow!. This is very good for a travelling person to have amenities at your finger tips. Rooms are spacious and quiet. Definitely worth the price.

Room Tip: Good place to stay in Simi Valley. Close to Ronald Reagan Library.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I have stayed here three times now and I have to say the cleanliness is a real issue. Let me first start with the positive. The front desk staff, management, and housekeeping staff are very friendly and professional, every time I stay here. I have absolutely no complaints about the staff in the lobby or restaurants. But the rooms, especially the bathrooms, are so gross, that I felt really uncomfortable allowing my kids to shower there or even take off their shoes. For my first stay, I was without the kids, so I tolerated it. For the second stay, when we checked in late in the evening with our small children, we opened the beds and saw that the sheets had not been changed. Both beds were dirty and full of stains and hair. I requested new sheets and at first the housekeeping staff delivered them to the room, so I had to make a second request to have them change the sheets for us. They still use bedspreads which I also find gross. Most hotels are using duvets that are washed between guests. Time to move away from bedspreads that only get washed periodically. The beds are marginally comfortable, but could be better. During that stay I noticed the exterior of the bathtub had stains and dirt all over it, and the bathroom smelled. The rooms had a fresh coat of paint, which was nice, but the bathroom was just dirty. For our third stay, the bathroom was disgusting. Dirty floors, hair all over, a brown smear on the tile near the wall and a strong smell of pee. The bedspreads seemed dirty as well. The rest of the room was fine. There are very few hotels in Simi so we will probably stay here again since we visit family often, but I hope this review resonates with the managers so that they direct their staff to do a better job of cleaning the rooms and bathroom. One last thing that deserves more attention is the pool and spa. The ambiance is great, but the water was really dirty and we smelled horribly after we exited the spa. The spa water was cloudy and dark. There were lots of roaches running around the pool area at night, so pest control would also be helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LegalNeon
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you for your detailed account of your stay. The issues you encountered should not have happened. I can assure you that this is the exception and not the norm. I am very sorry that the cleanliness did not meet your expectations. Please contact me directly at tlasure@grandvistasimi.com with your name and address and I will be happy to make it right for you.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

If this hotel spent the money on their rooms that they spent on the grandeur of their lobby, this would be a five star.
We booked as travelers and even through booking.com it was priced too high for the room. The bed was very comfortable, the room was a nice size, but the floor /carpet/ had not been vacuumed well, and the bathroom sink was very slow in draining. Water pressure was bad, TV volume would only go to level 25 and could not be heard over the loud a/c unit. The bathroom smelled like urine. We travel this area yearly and will look for another place to stay next year

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are continually upgrading different aspects of the hotel and I am sorry if your room did not meet your expectations. The upgrading process takes time and we are always working to improve the product for our customers. We just installed new flat screen TV's with over 60 channels of high definition and complimentary on-demand shows and movies. The set volume levels issue is being corrected by our service provider today. There is no excuse for the lack of cleanliness in your room. I will be using your comments to hold the housekeeping staff accountable for these issues. Please contact me directly at tlasure@grandvistasimi.com and I will be happy to make it right for you.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

The hotel was very easy to find and the staff was very helpful. We arrived early before the check in time, just to inform the desk that we were in the area.

The desk person, Cliff thanked us and checked our room and found that it was ready.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Ronald P
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for posting your kind comments. I am always glad to hear that my staff was helpful as we take great pride in giving excellent service as well as providing a clean comfortable room to every guest. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This was a horrific experience for us! We are visiting family and this place was recommended to us by an online booking service. We booked for May 9-14. This is the 11th.....well, now 12th. We are trying to find another place to stay because of the way we were treated here.

We came back tonight to find the parking lot by our room to be blocked off for a movie set. No one EVER said a word about this was happening back on the 9th. Had we known that, we would've asked for a room on the other side of the hotel where parking would be available.

The staff was UNACCEPTABLY rude and inhospitable as you can possibly get. When we asked what was going on, they explained about this movie shoot and that they couldn't do anything about it. They laughed at us when we asked questions, since we obviously aren't from around here (hence, the hotel room). I asked to talk to a manager and he informed me he was, later to find out he lied to us. No manager was there since it wasn't during normal business hours. He told the person trying to help us this, over the phone, but he lied straight to our face! We have to walk around the whole building from our car to get to our room in the middle of the night!

They didn't offer any way of "making things right" except saying, "it's only for one night" and then laughing. The guy wouldn't even look at us. He was too busy counting money. COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE!!!

We will NOT stay here again if that's the kind of people that work here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gymnut76
tlasure, General Manager at Grand Vista Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am very sorry that my Manager On Duty did not handle your situation in an acceptable manner. I am also sorry that having a small portion of our parking lot reserved for crew parking may have inconvenienced you. While plenty of parking was available on the south side and east side of the hotel, the Manager On Duty should have escorted you to the alternate route for your room. As I mentioned when we met the following morning, the movie crew rented several rooms and meeting space and were customers just as everyone else. We simply reserved the most suitable area for their trucks and vehicles to be together. I understand that you were offered to move to another room and decided that would be an inconvenience as well. I am very sorry that we did not offer you an acceptable solution and I will use your experience to help train our Managers On Duty the proper way to offer solutions.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Simi Valley
Good Nite Inn - Calabasas
Good Nite Inn - Calabasas
#3 of 3 in Calabasas
Quality Inn & Suites Thousand Oaks

Been to Grand Vista Hotel? Share your experiences!