“Great and Affordable Getaway!”
Review of Ship Ashore Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Smith River
Ship Ashore Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Smith River
Eureka ca
“Great and Affordable Getaway!”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We have to agree with most of the reviewers about Ship Ashore.For a secluded beautiful, romantic night, we often visit si this great spot.Since we live in a neighboring city, it makes a nice couples getaway. We love the small cabins with in room hot tub and the deck is nice for a quiet picnic in the afternoon.The restaurant has nice no frills food with good service.It can be a little crowded during salmon season,but winter is blustery and awesome under the covers! For night life there is a lounge and a casino about 1/2 mile away. Also very affordable a must visit experience.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Many hotels in Brookings OR and Crescent City CA are tiny, packed full of tourists, and have no food or crappy food. The Ship is about 10 mi south of Brookings and well worth it. It was beautiful (right on the mouth of the Smith river), rooms were fine, and the lounge area was AWESOME. Perfect view, great service, FREE WIRELESS, and food was amazing. I had the prime rib and my wife had the halibut and it was the best we ate on our northern CA/southern OR adventure. YAHTZEE!

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eric E
Kitcat22
Reviewed 25 July 2011

Large queen room. Seals and birds i Smith River outside the sliding door. But the bathroon is run down. Needs help. Still, it's a good value.

Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank Kitcat22
oregon
Reviewed 22 July 2011

This place has views that are endless. Great staff, fantastic food and pet friendly

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank justonevoice
Kenmore, Washington
Reviewed 4 July 2011

I travel often and I have to say this is the worst hotel I've ever stayed at. It is such a shame as the location is amazing, the view is beautiful, but they have let this hotel rot into the ground. We stayed in the one story "deluxe" rooms and first impression when opening the door was oops... The smell was moldy, the floors were dirty, the beds uncomfortable. The sliding glass door took a lot of muscle to open, and then the screen door fell off. I was able to fix the screen door and replace a light bulb on the patio to make it workable. To give you an impression of the cleanliness i dropped a towel on the ground in the bathroom to mop up some water and when I swirled it around with my foot and looked at the towel it was black with dirt... and we had just arrived. The staff was overall ok but I thought the bar staff was rude. We had a class reunion there and had 30 people willing to continue the party at 12:30 and were kicked out so they could go home... They really don't know how to make money at this place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank matthalls

Travellers are raving about these Smith River hotels

oregon
Reviewed 24 March 2011

This is the place to go for a view, the birds are great. landscaping beautiful. If motels had frequent flyer miles I would be getting free trips. Stayed ther X6 last year.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank justonevoice
Helix
Reviewed 6 October 2010

5 friends stayed here for three nights in a two bedroom home. It was in the middle of Brookings Oregon for our deep sea fishing trip, and Crescent City, California for the beach trip and trip to the Redwoods. It was a basic house that was a little rundown, but cute. It was great to sleep in the ocean air. It had a whirlpool tub that was great for relaxing in. A great stone fireplace. Although the house had seen better days, it was perfect for a 81, 61, 54, 52, and 48 year old people who are not picky. We saw no rats and it did not smell bad. The people there were friendly and gave us what we would ask for. I met Heather, the maintenance man's wife and she was a delight to visit with. I took many pictures of the beautiful sunsets, the inside and outside of the house, and the ship at the front of the place. I did not go to the office or eating place. It is a great basic place to stay with a good location on Hwy 101. I would recommend it to people who do not expect perfection, and are there for the fun trips, not to just stay in a house all day. I loved the place and I would return if ever the chance came up again. Was like $160.00/night for 5 people and a little dog and that is cheap as we spent that much on Motel 6's on the way down there from Pendleton, Oregon USA.
I will add photos after I upload them as I just got back home yesterday.
You can contact me at http://www.facebook.com/heartunes if you want to.
Candy

#15 of 18 in Crescent City
Ocean Suites
Ocean Suites
#2 of 8 in Brookings

Been to Ship Ashore Resort? Share your experiences!