“Rubio's IS San Diego”

Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 20 February 2012

My Family and I are semi-regulars to Rubio's which basically means we visit at least once a month. The Rubio's Restaurant on El Camino Real in Carlsbad is our usual haunt but their all good and they have all been recently remodeled for a very spiffy modern look.

Food is excellent, especially the house specialty Fish Taco and the price is right. You can't lose with Rubio's the quintessential San Diego dining experience.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Fresh Baja-Mex, fast, yummy and delicious! Ono taco's and burrito's are my usual pick, but they always have a new special that's worth trying.

Reviewed 18 October 2011

Rubios, if I've got this right was one of the restaurants in Carlesbad Outlet mall. We were exhaused and hungry and a cheap fish taco and beer was just the thing we were looking for for a refreshment.

Reviewed 12 October 2011

We ate here while visiting from AK and knew what to expect. Grilled fish tacos were excellent as was my husband's steak burrito. Salsa/condiment bar was great too. They served beer which was a nice surprise. Would return when we are back in SD.

Reviewed 5 February 2011

When I travel to SoCal Rubio's is one of the places I sometimes stop at for a quick fish taco. As many chains the food is just OK (lots of better tacos out there), but like the Fish Especial taco I had at the Solana Beach branch you know what to expect: it tastes fresh and it's quick and cheap.