“Best New England Clam Chowder in San Diego!”
Review of The Fish Market

The Fish Market
Reserve with OpenTable
The Fish Market is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 76 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Price range: US$12 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located across from the Del Mar Fairgrounds and Race Track, our third restaurant has been a San Diego North County favorite since it opened in 1981. This bustling restaurant encourages friendly and convivial dining, with the help of a comfortable oyster bar and cozy cocktail bar and lounge, and front-and-center retail market, widely known by those seeking to take home the finest in fresh fish. We also offer a private room suitable for a large party gathering.
San Bernardino, California
“Best New England Clam Chowder in San Diego!”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Whenever I stay at the Winners Circle Resort (next door), I always walk over to The Fish Market a few times that week and get a quart of clam chowder, hot sourdough bread & butter to go. OUTSTANDING! They also have a full bar, an oyster bar, and a terrific menu.

Visited May 2014

San Diego, California
“Mother's day dinner”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I were very disappointed with the quality of the dinner and the service. My husband placed his order of the cipino with pasta and the waitress forgot to have the pasta added to his dish so she brought to him separtley. My bucket of clams and mussels broth tasted like tap water and so did the steamed edamame that we ordered. The service was also poor, we never got offered an additional drink. One of the buzz boys dropped and broke glasses right next to my daughters and my chair thankfully we were not hurt. It will be a log time if we ever decide to return.....

• Visited May 2014
Reston, VA
“At least as good as I remembered”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

After a long day of touring San Diego we were looking for a place for dinner on the way back to where we were staying. I remembered The Fish Market from decades ago when I lived near by. We gave it a try. First, they were quite accommodating to our large-ish group of 7, seating us quickly. Then the service and food were excellent. I remembered it for being the first place I had seen calamari steak on a menu; it was still there and just as good as I remembered. The waiter was quite knowledgeable about all aspects of the menu, and his recommendations were spot-on. Each of us was pleased with our meal, which is quite an accomplishment with this group. We all had a different sort of fish or seafood, and I really cannot think of ordering anything else there. The decor was appropriately nautical and nicer than the barn-colored outside would suggest. There is plenty of parking.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank goety911
“Good service and food but blah ambiance in the dining area”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

We had great fish and thoroughly enjoyed the meal. The service was very good. We are giving our 4 starts because the decor is so dated and the dining area almost a problem when you want to feel like your meal is a special occasion.

Sykesville
“Delightful meal, attentive service”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Arrived on a week night with no reservations as a solo diner and I was seated immediately. While the parking lot was very full, the dining room seemed to be at only half capacity. Parking lot is narrow and tight. I had a dozen oysters had a grilled Mahi Mahi dinner. Service was quick, attentive but not overbearing. The food was uniformly very good, well presented and cooked properly. Overall a very pleasing dining experience. I would come here again.

• Visited April 2014