“Cute quaint cottage house”
Review of Claire's on Cedros

Claire's on Cedros
Ranked #1 of 76 Restaurants in Solana Beach
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a cafe and bakery located in the heart of Solana Beach. We specialize in fresh, homemade, California-style comfort food as well as a variety of homemade breads, pastries and desserts. We are family friendly, dog friendly, and most of all just plain friendly, so come on in and check us out!
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Located a few blocks from the beach, this cute vintage cottage house packs great ambience and food into a small space. Everything is fresh and tastes incredible. Even a simple eggs and bacon breakfast is a treat! The service is great and they refill coffee and water quickly. Treat yourself to decadent baked goods or an award winning omelet! Yummy!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is my special treat place I go to whenever I can. The food is always wonderful and the service is great too. It can be a little loud instead - (there's also some outdoor seating) but if you are able to go for breakfast around 9 I find that's the best time to find a seat and relax without having to wait at all - of course weekends are another story and I choose to avoid then.
I recently came to Claires for my birthday and the waitress was so sweet - she gave me a birthday brownie wrapped nicely to take home for later. That's the customer service so rare to find these days.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Eggs Benedict best I ever ate anywhere. Homemade sauce. Everything is fresh. Looked around at sandwiches salads all fresh. Huge. Fairly priced. Location great. Stop into the incredible consignment store down the street to walk it off.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I love everything about Claire's (except the parking!), from the natural materials used throughout the restaurant to the quaint outdoor patio to the delicious menu (with lots of gluten-free options!). I have never had a bad breakfast or lunch here. I love that I can have tasty, homemade bread slathered with homemade jam with my egg breakfasts - so yummy and a treat when you can't have gluten!

They also have great pancakes and baked goods, of which my husband is a huge fan. And if you're doing a late breakfast or doing lunch, their salads and sandwiches are excellent, too.

I love this spot. The service has always been good, the food always excellent, and the atmosphere is cozy, inviting, and just feels good.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Four of us had breakfast and it was all sublime. Several of us had standard eggs and toast breakfast and others had fritatta and pancakes which were delicious as well. I had them substitute avocado for a side with my eggs and there was no extra charge even though it was a full half of an avocado! The coffee is good. Service was fast, friendly and courteous. Not a fancy place, but not a greasy spoon either. Parking can be limited and it is a busy place, so there may be a wait.
Highly recommended!